Question PLAYING GAMES SHUTS MY COMPUTER OFF!

Nuplar

Honorable
Mar 26, 2019
When ever i play games on my computer the whole computer shuts off then reboots. I mostly play games on the game software Steam. I also play two games on the Microsoft Store. The two games on the Microsoft Store are very GPU intensive games and they run perfectly without my computer shutting off. The games on steam shut off no matter what. I can play them for a little bit and the computer shuts off mid game. The temps stay around CPU: 30c GPU: 60-85c depending on what game im playing. I cant figure the problem out to save my life. HELP

boju

Titan
Ambassador
List complete pc specs including cooling and power supply make and model and how old.

Which games are you playing?

How are you monitoring temperatures? Is 30c idle or when cpu is working?

Some of the causes for shutdowns/reboots can be a power supply fault/overheating or crook ram.

Nuplar

Honorable
Mar 26, 2019
Motherboard - MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk
Video Card - RTX 2080ti
Processor - i9-9900k
Storage - 1TB Western Digital Blue SSD
PSU - 650 Watt - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB - 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular
Memory - 16G

Games Played
Steam Games: Rocket League, Ring Of Elysium, Dota 2, Fortnite,
Microsoft Games: ARK, Forza Horizon 4

I use Speccy for monitoring temps. When playing a game my CPU averages 35c and my GPU averages 75c

boju

Titan
Ambassador
35c doesn't sound right, that cpu should be running hotter. How are you cooling it?

Run coretemp to monitor temps and watch cpu frequency when testing cpu. Post a screenshot if you can, use imgur or similar.

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6979-core-temp.html

Test with Asus Realbench

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Coretemp reads frequency

Random picture from internet showing where

xqL1B.png