Question Playing games with a lower CPU than in the requirements

Sep 26, 2020
Hi, i have an Intel i5 8300H 2,3 GHz. I have been playing MHW for an year and have now started Watch Dogs 2. In game I get a screen telling me that my CPU is under the minimum requirements. Both games run well, I have a GTX 1050ti. My question is: is it safe to play these games with insufficient CPU even if they run well? Don't risk the processor being damaged? I have a laptop and would like to use it for a few more years.

DSzymborski

Champion
Hi, i have an Intel i5 8300H 2,3 GHz. I have been playing MHW for an year and have now started Watch Dogs 2. In game I get a screen telling me that my CPU is under the minimum requirements. Both games run well, I have a GTX 1050ti. My question is: is it safe to play these games with insufficient CPU even if they run well? Don't risk the processor being damaged? I have a laptop and would like to use it for a few more years.
It's perfectly safe; GPUs don't engage in unsafe behaviors to play games they're not well designed for, they just kinda suck at those games in most cases. Now, you should track temperatures, but you should already be doing that anyway.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS