Playing MPEG4 over TV out

G

Hi all

I am having a bit of a problem. Have recently bought a new rig and am experimenting with ripping DVD's to CD using FlaskMPEG. i am going fine and have produced some rather nice avi files of movies. However i would like to be able to watch these movies on my tv rather than just on my computer.

So the question is !! can somebody please tell me how i can transmit avi files through the tv out plug on my video card (ASUS 7700 GForce2 64mb with tv out). I can watch actual DVD's on my TV using my decoder card (realmagic hollywood plus)but can not figure out how to do the same with ripped files ??? HELP

any input would be appreciated

Chris

G

Can't you play the files in the DVD player application? some have a file mode. otherwise i'd assume that there is a setting in the display control panel to select which display is active, it also depends which drivers you are using, check the detenator drivers from nvidia

Oli

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
just put your Video card on TV out mode, it'll send the video stream to your TV instead of to the monitor so you have to pretend your TV is a monitor. and you just play your video file in windows media player and put it to full screen. You must have the asus drivers though, because I don't think the generic nvidia drivers will work for TV out.
I used to have the v6600 deluxe and TV out was awesome, especially with DivX movies.