Playing videos on FullHD TV is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamazko182

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hello,
I just wanna ask you guys, I am connecting my laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 to my Philips FullHD TV. Problem is that when I try to play videos on 720p, everythings alright, but when i wanna switch to 1080, I cannot play any video. Even videos in small resolution like 600*200, I cant understand it. Issue continues when i disconnect a cable, I need to restart laptop to make videos running. Can You please help?
THX

Well if you can give us the full make/model and the rest of the specs, than we could help you out better.

By the specs here appears that you should be able to do 1080p output, but there must be some other factors here.

Lamazko182

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Alright, this is specs of TV:
http://www.philips.cz/c/televizory/5000-series-full-hd-1080p-dvb-t-c-uhl.-81-cm-32-palec-32pfl5606h_58/prd/?t=specifications
And laptop:
http://www.superpc.sk/?id=info&idp=0000512299

and once again. I can do anything, browsing open images, but I cannot play any video/movie/ in that resolution. i do not think its because computer is not superior cause all 1080 movies playing like a charm.HDready is going without a problem, but if you have fullHD feature,,you want to make it running....
thanks a lot

sardonicjester

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

Exactly what I was thinking. What are you using to connect to the TV? If you are not using a HDMI cable, then you are not going to get 1080p to work. Assuming that the tv only has those two kinds of connections.

(I can't think of any HDTV that has connection types other than HDMI or VGA for PC use)

The VGA cannot support the bandwidth or sound that HDMI can.

Lamazko182

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
actually, flash is running on websites, flash videos like Ytube I didnt try. I am using only vlc player.didnt work, after that I tried wmplayer, bsplayer and nothing again...

Lamazko182

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Alright guys, I finally find it out the issue. There is some bug in latest drivers for this gcard. so Ive installed older version and now its running. But thank you anyway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.