Playing with HUBS of Fans...

TheRealArchi

Reputable
Oct 23, 2016
I have:
1) Deepcool Genome Case
2) HD120 RGB Corsair Fans

The 1) has a liquid cooling system and 3 radiator fans, all connected to a hub, and the 4 pins from the hub, connected to the CPU cooling.

2) It has 4 pins to connect to the motherboard (anything else) and 4 pins to connect to the Corsair HUB that allows to switch Speed, Colour.

What I want to do is:
Replace the 3 Deepcool Radiator fans by the 3 Corsair HD120 fans that are 4 pinned as well.
What I thought is:
Since the HUB from 1) is controlling the PWM (Speed of the Fans only) and Corsair fans got 4 pins for PWM and 4 pins for the Corsair HUB which allows to switch colors, can I actually connect first 4 pins to HUB1 and other 4 pins to HUB2 ?

I hope I made it clear guys. Thanks for help, I hope I will get asap. :p
Clear:
Corsair Fans -> 4 pins PWM Liquid Cooling HUB -> 4 pins Color Switch HUB = Work ?
To make it easier to understand and visualize:
http://imgur.com/a/7TOja
Picture of 10 y o

Solution
You can use the 3 Corsairs on the rad, that's not a problem. The problem is in control. You'd have to control the fan speeds/lights with the remote switch through the hub. There's no access for the cpu_fan header, and if used directly without the hub, you'll not have any use of the LED. Then pump would need to be on cpu_fan header, in BIOS set for 100% min/max performance. The other fans would be normal fans run outta a POWERED hub (not powered by the header) or might as well forgo the hub altogether and run off the other fan headers

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Looks like you are trying to burn up the cpu_fan header. Pump and fans should not be on the same source. Stick the pump on cpu_aux or sys_fan4 etc. If you want to run that hub safely with the 3x Corsair fans, run Sata power to it too and use cpu_fan header for pwm and tach only

TheRealArchi

Reputable
Oct 23, 2016
Yeah but the Corsair Fans are replacing the Radiator Fans
What if I just try not connect the other 4 pins ?
Will simply do as if they were basic Fans and I will ignore the 4 additionnal pins.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You can use the 3 Corsairs on the rad, that's not a problem. The problem is in control. You'd have to control the fan speeds/lights with the remote switch through the hub. There's no access for the cpu_fan header, and if used directly without the hub, you'll not have any use of the LED. Then pump would need to be on cpu_fan header, in BIOS set for 100% min/max performance. The other fans would be normal fans run outta a POWERED hub (not powered by the header) or might as well forgo the hub altogether and run off the other fan headers

Solution