PlayStation 3 GPU Less Powerful than GeForce 7800

Mike

Splendid

Well, I have to admit that I was a little bias towards the PS3, but I really
did want it to be the power house they all made us believe it was going to
be, if only for the sake of raising the bar in terms of graphics and
computing power. So, i'm really disappointed to hear this. The Cell is
definitely not going to be able to compensate for this. I really hope the
next generation doesn't end up like this one, with underpowered PS3 ports
going to the Xbox360. One good thing this time around though is that Sony's
machine will have shader capabilities, and so i'm sure it will still look
great if they port them over to the 360.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9126/PlayStation-3-GPU-Less-Powerful-than-GeForce-7800/

KillzoneBigNuts2 wrote:
> mike wrote:
> > Well, I have to admit that I was a little bias towards the PS3, but I really
> > did want it to be the power house they all made us believe it was going to
> > be, if only for the sake of raising the bar in terms of graphics and
> > computing power. So, i'm really disappointed to hear this. The Cell is
> > definitely not going to be able to compensate for this. I really hope the
> > next generation doesn't end up like this one, with underpowered PS3 ports
> > going to the Xbox360. One good thing this time around though is that Sony's
> > machine will have shader capabilities, and so i'm sure it will still look
> > great if they port them over to the 360.
> >
> > http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9126/PlayStation-3-GPU-Less-Powerful-than-GeForce-7800/
> >

> This is so funny, you Xflop idiots still don't get it!!!
>
> Look, the PS2's graphics chip was less than half as powerful as the GPU
> of the Xbox, but due to the incredibly powerful Emotion Engine the PS2
> is able to put out graphics on par or better than top Xbox titles.
>
> It's the same thing with PS3.
> Sony isn't stupid like Microsoft who thinks in PC terms.
>
> Xflop thinking = CPU + GPU = GPU does all graphics and is maxxed out at
> the start.
>
> Sony thinking CPU + GPU/GS = CPU+GPU/GS does graphics and isn't maxed
> out for a few years. And when it is maxed out it will be using all of
> the GPU/GS power plus a good 50% or more of the CPU power.

</damage control>

mike wrote:

> Well, I have to admit that I was a little bias towards the PS3, but I really
> did want it to be the power house they all made us believe it was going to
> be, if only for the sake of raising the bar in terms of graphics and
> computing power. So, i'm really disappointed to hear this. The Cell is
> definitely not going to be able to compensate for this. I really hope the
> next generation doesn't end up like this one, with underpowered PS3 ports
> going to the Xbox360. One good thing this time around though is that Sony's
> machine will have shader capabilities, and so i'm sure it will still look
> great if they port them over to the 360.
>
> http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9126/PlayStation-3-GPU-Less-Powerful-than-GeForce-7800/

the link is from an xbox site?
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Mike

Splendid

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> mike wrote:
>>
>> Well, I have to admit that I was a little bias towards the PS3, but I
>> really
>> did want it to be the power house they all made us believe it was going
>> be, if only for the sake of raising the bar in terms of graphics and
>> computing power. So, i'm really disappointed to hear this. The Cell is
>> definitely not going to be able to compensate for this. I really hope the
>> next generation doesn't end up like this one, with underpowered PS3 ports
>> going to the Xbox360. One good thing this time around though is that
>> Sony's
>> machine will have shader capabilities, and so i'm sure it will still look
>> great if they port them over to the 360.
>>
>> http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9126/PlayStation-3-GPU-Less-Powerful-than-GeForce-7800/
>
> the link is from an xbox site?
> --
> Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> Stop and Look
> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Source is from the latest PSM. Nvidia spokesman is quoted with: "The GeForce
7800 is almost identical to the RSX, the rsx is only slightly less
powerful."

mike wrote:
> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>mike wrote:
>>
>>>Well, I have to admit that I was a little bias towards the PS3, but I
>>>really
>>>did want it to be the power house they all made us believe it was going
>>>be, if only for the sake of raising the bar in terms of graphics and
>>>computing power. So, i'm really disappointed to hear this. The Cell is
>>>definitely not going to be able to compensate for this. I really hope the
>>>next generation doesn't end up like this one, with underpowered PS3 ports
>>>going to the Xbox360. One good thing this time around though is that
>>>Sony's
>>>machine will have shader capabilities, and so i'm sure it will still look
>>>great if they port them over to the 360.
>>>
>>>http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9126/PlayStation-3-GPU-Less-Powerful-than-GeForce-7800/
>>
>>the link is from an xbox site?
>>--
>>Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
>>Stop and Look
>>http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
>

> Source is from the latest PSM. Nvidia spokesman is quoted with: "The GeForce
> 7800 is almost identical to the RSX, the rsx is only slightly less
> powerful."

I suggest you wait till you see the same game running side by side on
PS3 and XBox360 and then decide which is better. Chances are they will
look almost identical.

Fred Liken wrote:

> Oh, Robby's using his binary logic again. So sad. :(

So you mean you're the president of Bligmerk's fan club and yet you don't
even get to plunge your meat into his polyp-infested rectum for it? Are you
some kind of sadist? Or just a retarded twat?

-Z-

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote

> Fred Liken wrote:
>
>> Oh, Robby's using his binary logic again. So sad. :(
>
> So you mean you're the president of Bligmerk's fan club and yet you don't
> even get to plunge your meat into his polyp-infested rectum for it? Are
> you some kind of sadist? Or just a retarded twat?

How am I the president of his fan club if I disagree with him on just about
everything? Just because I recognize the fact that he has you in his back
pocket? That he can make you jump just by snapping his fingers? lol.
Binary indeed! You're so owned by Blig. If being intelligent enough to
recognize that makes me his fan club president, then so be it. lol.

Retarded twat, indeed!