Playstation 3 Losing Dev Support?

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Joystiq is reporting that game developers are finding it mighty expensive to
develop for the Playstation 3 and as such are pulling their support and
bringing their games over to the inexpensive Xbox 360 development
environment. Though this is labeled as a rumor be on the look out for some
PR damage control soon.

Source: Joystiq.com

"In the (Japanese) game industry, many people are losing trust in Kutaragi's
non-stop pursue of this evolution, people are leaving PS3 at a rate worse
than Nintendo's GameCube era" (source unknown).

Several developers, like John Carmack, have publicly announced a preference
for the Xbox 360. But could that number be growing? The recent cancellation
of Condemned for the PS3 seems to suggest as much.

Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
I think both the Xbox 360 and PS3 have been hyped and are not as good as a they appeared to be on paper.

Porting games from PC to XBox 360 revealed some issues in terms of performance, lol a PC is more powerful than a 360, so how obsolete is the processor and GPU inside the Xbox360 already

Mr_Bluntman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
Not to mention that the fact that most consumers (including me) won't drop down $600 for a PlayStation 3 no matter how good it is. History tells us this. Anyone besides me remember the $500 NeoGeo?