Discussion PlayStation 4-exclusive "GOD OF WAR" game is coming to PC in January 2022 ! STEAM and EGS.

Alright, I'm not sure where to begin, but I guess some of you might have already played GOD OF WAR game on PlayStation 4 when it came out back in 2018, or the other titles in this franchise which were also exclusive to Playstation console ?? (assuming you guys owned a console before, since my main gaming platform has always been PC. Never owned any console before though :rolleyes:).

Heard this is one of the best action games out there, as a lot of praise and positive criticism has been given to the GOD of WAR franchise ?

But anyways, one of Sony’s best PlayStation games, God of War, is headed to PC. The game will be available on January 14th, 2022, and you can preorder it now on Steam and the Epic Games Store for $49.99. Sony announced the end of God of War’s PlayStation exclusivity on Wednesday via a PC announce trailer on YouTube.

The announcement was done by Sony via a blog post, quickly followed by a YouTube trailer. God of War on PC will be more than a straight PC port, according to Sony. The game will feature support for 21:9 resolution, support for various controller types, and will support a full 4K renderer for machines that have the required processing and graphics horsepower.

Sony also promises "a wide range of graphical presets and options so you can fine-tune your visual experience based on your setup. From higher resolution shadows and improved screen space reflections to enhancements to the ambient occlusion pipeline with GTAO and SSDO - God of War on the PC can create striking visual quality unique to the platform."

Beyond that, Sony Santa Monica has been working closely with NVIDIA, and will be integrating the company's DLSS and Reflex technologies into the game. If you opt to pick up the game on PC, you’ll be able to play it at 4K and unlocked frame rates, as well as in a 21:9 ultra widescreen aspect ratio (assuming you have the right hardware to support those features). The game will also support Nvidia’s DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) and its Reflex low-latency technology for “a more responsive experience.”

Sony promises that the game will have “robust controller support and keyboard mapping customization,” and you can of course use Sony’s DualShock 4 and DualSense controllers if you prefer.

I will keep any eye on this title when it comes out. Is it really worth playing though ? The reviews/feedback have already been very positive for this particular game though. :)

MV5BMmVjMzkyYWMtNDNhNi00ZWI3LTgxNGUtODRkMWYxNjZmNDI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqQMh_tij0c&t=4s&ab_channel=PlayStation

Last edited:
By the way, God of War’s move away from PlayStation exclusivity continues a trend we’ve seen over the past few years. More and more companies are leaning away from platform exclusivity as the PC becomes home to, well, everything.

2017 hit Horizon Zero Dawn also got a PC port last year, too, making God of War only the most recent PlayStation first-party title to make its way to the new platform. Few other PS-exclusive games also got a PC release as well.

By the way, God of War’s move away from PlayStation exclusivity continues a trend we’ve seen over the past few years. More and more companies are leaning away from platform exclusivity as the PC becomes home to, well, everything.

2017 hit Horizon Zero Dawn also got a PC port last year, too, making God of War only the most recent PlayStation first-party title to make its way to the new platform. Few other PS-exclusive games also got a PC release as well.
I'm still waiting for the original The Last of Us to come to PC, seems unlikely given the pre x86 PS gen it was made for.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for the original The Last of Us to come to PC, seems unlikely given the pre x86 PS gen it was made for.

BTW, have you played any of the KILLZONE titles released for the Playstation Console ? There are awesome first-person shooters, if I'm not mistaken, especially Killzone 2, but I hope these also land up on the PC platform as well. But I doubt this is gonna happen though.

Killzone - Wikipedia

BTW, have you played any of the KILLZONE titles released for the Playstation Console ? There are awesome first-person shooters, if I'm not mistaken, especially Killzone 2, but I hope these also land up on the PC platform as well. But I doubt this is gonna happen though.

Killzone - Wikipedia
They were beautiful games, but I feel like they'd have to strip out the multiplayer aspects as I'm not sure how many people would actually play multiplayer Killzone these days.

Only a bit of Shadowfall, which was one of the launch titles on PS4. I was at my friend's place shortly after he'd bought a PS4. It's not a bad game, but I've never personally owned a console.

UPDATE.

The first early PC gameplay Walkthrough has been leaked online by Sigma Hawk Gaming, the YT channel that captured this 2 hours footage. It appears that the user is using a Mouse & Keyboard as well. Unfortunately, Youtuber has not shared the PC specs he used, nor included any framerate numbers/FPS either.

But the cool thing is that the game appears to have a MANUAL SAVE option as well. Looks and runs like a solid PC port though.

The game is releasing on 14'th January 2022, just 3 more days, so I'm not sure how this user got this game early. This gameplay footage should be LEGIT, but I will update this post just in case more info is shared online. :??:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT1JFrTAM3g&t=4335s&ab_channel=SigmaHawkGaming

Last edited:
UPDATE.

The first early PC gameplay Walkthrough has been leaked online by Sigma Hawk Gaming, the YT channel that captured this 2 hours footage. It appears that the user is using a Mouse & Keyboard as well. Unfortunately, Youtuber has not shared the PC specs he used, nor included any framerate numbers/FPS either.

But the cool thing is that the game appears to have a MANUAL SAVE option as well. Looks and runs like a solid PC port though.

The game is releasing on 14'th January 2022, just 3 more days, so I'm not sure how this user got this game early. This gameplay footage should be LEGIT, but I will update this post just in case more info is shared online. :??:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT1JFrTAM3g&t=4335s&ab_channel=SigmaHawkGaming
I gotta say I really dig that axe throw. I've not heard, seen, or read whether this game will be riddled with ridiculous super fast QTEs though. I worry about this because the only GoW game I've ever played (which was I think the one that came out when the PS4 came out) was on my friend's PS4. It seemed like a cool game, but the QTE's were very annoying. They flashed onscreen so fast and brief that I basically had to remember the sequence after failing numerous times. That to me is poor game design, so I'm hoping this one doesn't have such issues.

I gotta say I really dig that axe throw. I've not heard, seen, or read whether this game will be riddled with ridiculous super fast QTEs though. I worry about this because the only GoW game I've ever played (which was I think the one that came out when the PS4 came out) was on my friend's PS4. It seemed like a cool game, but the QTE's were very annoying. They flashed onscreen so fast and brief that I basically had to remember the sequence after failing numerous times. That to me is poor game design, so I'm hoping this one doesn't have such issues.

I don't think this one has nearly as many, if any at all outside of combat. (IE, finisher button)
It's less gory than the previous entries as well..
And I miss my OG Kratos voice actor ;-;

TRENDING THREADS