PlayStation 4 Remote Play App Coming To PC, Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

beshonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Copycat? Remote play for consoles started with the ps4 and the vita. We have a similar thing happening with the nvidia shield handheld (PC to handheld), and tablet. No one's copying, they're all just creating the infrastructure that is a logical extension of what's already been happening with different devices exclusively. The industry is opening its doors to play anywhere models, and I think it's awesome.

eldragon0

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
Whoopty doo, here comes Sony to copycat

So only one car company can have round wheels, only one ISP can use copper wire, only one window maker can use glass and only one beer company can use hops?
Are you really that stupid?

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Err.. Windows10 is required? What another typical load of crap from MS... like DX10 "required" Vista in order to get PC gamers to ditch WindowsXP - we saw how well that worked!

That's pretty much okay, who really buys the Xbone anyway? The PS4 is better in every way, it has more exclusives (other than the Halo series and a few other MS titles). Sony is already shipping out the REV2 type boards which are much smaller than the original PS4 systemboard. Its cooler, its cheaper, its higher-tech, faster system in a package that is almost half the size without looking like a POS 80's VCR. So, Sony still sells the PS4 for about $50 over the Xbone and its worth every penny.

eldragon0

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
Technically PC had it first with Telnet back in 1973, and everything related to controlling a remote host is just a copy of that.

Actually the wheel is a several thousand years BC invention. What we know today as an axle with wheels that even had slight camber for better handling in turns like modern race cars was perfected by the Romans in their chariots.

eldragon0

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013

Literally no one is asking for that.

EDIT: I replied to the wrong one. :p

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014

Literally no one is asking for that.

I have several times, why can't we just play console games on Windows? The hardware is now so close the differentiation is feeling pretty arbitrary.

Anyway, it's always nice to have a new feature on the PS4. I might give remote play a try, why not?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

i did every damn time the xbox red ringed, or had some other hardware failure, id rather play games on high end hardware so i get the best experience, but if its limited to consoles only, its either 1080p 30 at best, or sacrifices 1080p for 60fps at points.

Status
Not open for further replies.