PlayStation Move Gets the Teardown Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop bashing on the Move remote XD, the games coming out on it don't look half bad. Not to mention I don't have to look at the pixelated Wii graphics XD Of course, the graphics thing is just a plus. The best thing about this is FPS games actually come out on the PS3.

G

Sega Virtua Lapdance for Kinect is going to kill the Move though. So who cares.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Sega Virtua Lapdance for Kinect is going to kill the Move though. So who cares.[/citation]

Lol! You had me googling that one! Well done!

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Looks like this one has a wrist strap that comes with it, to avoid it becoming a missile into your lcd. Good thing nintendo already did the R&D on this or they might get sued :).

Don't mind paying the $50 for a new controller but where are the games?

Just hope that if there is a PS3 game that uses a sword of any kind that the game doesn't limit the movement to pre-programmed attacks; ala the Wii and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

The Force Unleashed was a big load of FAIL for the Wii, in my opinion, because the light saber attacks were not free movement. Heck, the Sword Play for Wii Sports Resort is more fun than The Force Unleashed because of it, being able to as Darth Vader and use the Force or not!

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
While its easy to expect the Move remote to be used as a sex toy (who wouldn't?... err, nevermind)... a good sex toy of same shape will costs $50~200. But they don't require a PS3... but also most don't light up.

The Hitachi Wand massager... is used perhaps HALF the time for its "intended" marketing function as shown on the box.

Im guessing the light-bulb part is so that players know who they are?

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]aznshinobi[/nom]Stop bashing on the Move remote XD, the games coming out on it don't look half bad. Not to mention I don't have to look at the pixelated Wii graphics XD Of course, the graphics thing is just a plus. The best thing about this is FPS games actually come out on the PS3.[/citation]
Which just proves the ps3 being rubish!
FPS belongs on a system with a mouse

Consoles are for kids to play mario kart anyway

ryanjm

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
I'm kinda confused as to how it's a better value. It appears to be the exact same thing as a Wiimote with the Motion Plus add-on, which was included w/many games for like $10 extra.

mrmotion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]Consoles are for kids to play mario kart anyway[/citation]

Not a kid but I freaking love Mario kart! Which self-respecting gamer can say they dont honestly love mario kart?

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]chunkymonster[/nom]Don't mind paying the $50 for a new controller but where are the games?Just hope that if there is a PS3 game that uses a sword of any kind that the game doesn't limit the movement to pre-programmed attacks; ala the Wii and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. The Force Unleashed was a big load of FAIL for the Wii, in my opinion, because the light saber attacks were not free movement. Heck, the Sword Play for Wii Sports Resort is more fun than The Force Unleashed because of it, being able to as Darth Vader and use the Force or not![/citation]
There is one already. It is in Sports Championship. You use 1 controller as your shield and the other as your sword. It is a freaking blast to play. Optionally you can use just one controller if you want, but the feel of holding up your shield where needed and chopping and hacking at people from any direction you want is pretty impressive.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]ryanjm[/nom]I'm kinda confused as to how it's a better value. It appears to be the exact same thing as a Wiimote with the Motion Plus add-on, which was included w/many games for like $10 extra.[/citation]
The Wiimote and motionplus are a bit more simplistic. The Wiimote has IR emitters (like a tv remote but two of them), it has 1 linear accelerometer and can sense 3 axis motion. The motionplus added 2 more axis sensing and a gyroscope. Ifixit did a comparison of the 2 on their site.

theoutbound

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I'm not impressed with any of the motion control stuff until there are games using the technology that offer a substantial improvement over traditional controllers.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
3D capable 120Hz monitor goggles (slightly bigger & heavier than shutter glass) with wireless HDMI, augmented reality, & a Wii sex doll. Is just a few years away. If The Internet sells more sex than anything else, the nerds are getting bored & lonely. Don't be surprised if they NEVER chose to leave home EVER when this comes out.

spagunk

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
Ummm of course it(sony move) is more sophisticated than a wii-mote...it's also 5 years newer. What's your point?

It's fun when people compare things to older equipment. Makes me giggle.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
@DarwinWins

I'm sure the gene-pool will thank all the smart people for staying at home & all the stupid people for not using a condom! AIDS kill, no matter what science has to say about saving people prone to every single disease on Earth. ;-)

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]spagunk[/nom]Ummm of course it(sony move) is more sophisticated than a wii-mote...it's also 5 years newer. What's your point?It's fun when people compare things to older equipment. Makes me giggle.[/citation]
Really? Are you being serious? It is because the Wii is the Industry standard and basically its currently the only other motion controller on the market. People like comparisons of things they already know about so that they know how newer products stack up to it.
Would you maybe prefer they compared the PS Move to an aircraft carrier or maybe a broom??? Or does it need to be an item of equal value like a pair of shoes???

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
@DarwinWins

Of course you trust her because she's good to you (& everyone else), & she trusts you, because you're such a charming guy, who gets drunk, takes drugs, & don't believe in marriage.

I can picture a future with paranoid geeks watching everybody else get sick, & still be around after they're all dead! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.