PlayStation Network Going Down for Europeans Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Unbelieveable!!! I hope they compensate me for my time off...

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]nsij[/nom]Unbelieveable!!! I hope they compensate me for my time off...[/citation]

Good luck with getting compensation from a company that don't care, in a courtroom perhaps!

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
"If you're in Europe and your Thursday afternoon ritual involves spending time on the PlayStation Network, you might want to sort out some alternative plans." Play xbox or PC games.

christarp

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Why cant they just run a mirror server while the real one is on maintenance?[/citation]
are you seriously suggesting buying a whole playstation network all over again to run it for the one day out of the year that the main one might not be up? I for one am glad you will never run a company.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]christarp[/nom]are you seriously suggesting buying a whole playstation network all over again to run it for the one day out of the year that the main one might not be up? I for one am glad you will never run a company.[/citation]If the ISP and the google can do it why cant them,unless u are believing that ISP/google doesnt do maintenance at all. You dont need to shut down the entire network 1 time.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]If the ISP and the google can do it why cant them,unless u are believing that ISP/google doesnt do maintenance at all. You dont need to shut down the entire network 1 time.[/citation]
For ISPs and Google almost 100% uptime is very important so having redundant systems and backups to run during maintenance is something they would have. Sony on the other hand has never said PSN would be 100% uptime and it going down for one day will not hurt anyone (no you are not hurt you are inconvenienced). That is the big difference, an ISP or Google goes down and many companies will lose money, PSN goes down for a day and you lose on playing games for a day, HUGE difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.