PlayStation Now Ready by Summer, How Good Will It Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1353997

As long as it runs better than locally streaming PS4 games on the Vita, I'm in. Seriously, how can I enjoy Remote Play, when I get 3 second lags every 10 minutes even though the PS4 is just 50 inches away?

fatboytyler

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
As long as it runs better than locally streaming PS4 games on the Vita, I'm in. Seriously, how can I enjoy Remote Play, when I get 3 second lags every 10 minutes even though the PS4 is just 50 inches away?
3 Second lag every 10 minutes makes it unplayable? Strange... I've also not seen this problem you're having in my experience.

D

Deleted member 1353997

3 Second lag every 10 minutes makes it unplayable? Strange... I've also not seen this problem you're having in my experience.
I didn't say "unplayable", just "not enjoyable". It depends on the game, though. In a game like Assassin's Creed, where time is only critical during combat, which are quite easy, those lags are merely a minor annoyance. In games like Battlefield, Need for Speed, or Killzone, where 3 seconds can mean the difference between life and death, those lags can really make you want to turn off your PS4.

Puiucs

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
it connects to your wireless router not your PS4. that's the problem. if the router has lag spikes or it is far or it is just simply getting old and it's starting to have problems, remote play will suffer. sometimes i've seen laptops connecting to routers with the wrong settings (not getting the full speed) because of compatibility problems.

robb916

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
This sounds like Onlive all over again. I bet playstation now is going to trash. Ok, so the guy who wrote this got to tested it and he said it played ok, but wait until we see the official release and thousands of people try using ps now at the same time. I predict a lot of lag, latency, and a lot of angry playstation gamers. Cloud gaming sucks in it's current state. I can live with a crappy netflix picture, but I can't live with any type of latency in a fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.