PlayStation Team Wants Android Engineers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unrealpinky

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
This has to support all the major wireless carriers in order for me to buy. There is no way that I would invest my money into the device and all the subsequent games, only to find out that I'm stuck with a single carrier.

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Would you buy a PSP phone running Android? Let us know in the comments below!
Will they lock the bootloader? Will they update the device regularly? Will we be able to ROOT it? If yes to ALL answers, than YES, I'll buy one. :)

G

The phone is said to boast a 1GHz Snapdragon CPU under the hood and a 5-megapixel camera. Android 3.0 would be the operating system along with a custom UI on top.

I thought I read somewhere that with 3.0 Google is getting rid of the custom UIs.

chase_tm

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
Well, Sony already has a phone with android (XPeria X3), so no worries there. The main thing to look forward to would indeed be the controls.

I think it would be cool if Sony could integrate support for it's PS3 Six-Axis controller. Then make a hardened connector so you could attach the PSP phone to the PS3 controller and viola!

Hehehehe, makes me giddy just thinking about it. Of course, you would need to buy a PS3 controller if you don't have one yet.

But in terms of portability, this setup would suck since you'd have to lug around the PS3 controller with you. Hahahahaha.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]maxh2[/nom]I'm not buying another phone until it'll actually be an UPgrade, not a sidegrade, to my nexus one with 1GHz processor that's been out for longer than it takes to gestate a human baby.[/citation]

Do you mean that as a long time or short time? I don't mind using phones for years on end. Good reception would be a good feature on future phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.