PlayStation2 outputting on vga

cchristos1896

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
Hello,

I have a question regarding my ps2 and it's output.I just discovered that my ps2 was functional so i started playing with it, which is kinda fun, so sorry to ask a question about something that's 10-15 years old :D Sooo...

I'm currently playing on my 22'' hdtv on component cables and most of the games look like s*** to be honest(at least it's much better than composite, but still...).And i've come up with an idea : my 2nd monitor is a 19'' 1200x1024 monitor which only supports vga-dvi.And in theory i've thought that ps2 should look better in this screen than my main one because of the fewer pixels and because the 2nd monitor isn't a widescreen one.GSM has an output option for vga so i thought that this may be possible after all.

My 2nd monitor supports Sync on green, this is something that most people say that is essential for the tv in order for my component to vga adapter to work.Also, both component and vga use analog signal.

Soo.. if i buy something like that component to vga adapter and connect it to my tv, will my playstation 2 be able to output image properly?
In case this won't work is there something like a ps2 vga cable that i can buy?Or a scart to vga adapter.I've seen some ps2 vga cables that came with the linux kit, but they were way too expensive to be worth buying

monitor

If you need anything else feel free to ask!
Thanks in advance ^^

I've done my research before posting but i couldn't find anything for sure, since most of the answers that i found on this and other forums were 50% positive and 50% negative

Solution
HI. I've actually done this before. You need to go on ebay and buy this thing for like 10 bucks. It's a box that's rectangular on the bottom and roundy on the top with a composite in on one side and a VGA out on the other. Search up "Composite to VGA" If you want component to VGA I'm sure there is a similar adapter.

Bluesh1ft

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
HI. I've actually done this before. You need to go on ebay and buy this thing for like 10 bucks. It's a box that's rectangular on the bottom and roundy on the top with a composite in on one side and a VGA out on the other. Search up "Composite to VGA" If you want component to VGA I'm sure there is a similar adapter.

Solution

cchristos1896

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
@Bluesh1ft have you only tried the box?I"m asking this because i can get an adapter like the one i've linked pretty fast, but ebay will take atleast 30 days in order to arive,so if the adapter can do the same thing as the box it could be a better thing

Bluesh1ft

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Some "Adapters" don't actually convert a signal. It just makes it so that you can physically plug it. I'm sure that they have the same box on amazon that I'm talking about. + on ebay if you add filter and do up to 2000 miles away it won't give you and chinese junk that takes 30+ days. I've bought an adapter before that was DVI-D to VGA where it made it so I could plug it in but it didn't work because the signal wasn't converted. Might want to do a bit of googling.