Question Please advise me to choose which of these options is best?

animemangamer

Respectable
Sep 18, 2017
Ideally I'm trying to find a large display whether it's monitor/tv with the following specs:

At least 32"
4K (3840x2160)
100-144 Hz
HDR 1000
Quantum Dot if possible
Around $1200+/- budget

I mostly play games with high graphical/texture settings (e.g. FFXV, Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed, etc..) instead of competitive games but I did enjoy the smooth gameplay with higher refresh rate displays when I had a chance to play some games with them. So I'm hoping to replace my dying Samsung Q-Dot KS8000.

It's just a regular hdtv that I bought from Best Buy years ago cause the quantum dot really stood out compared to other 4k tvs in display. It may just be me but 4K with quantum dot and hdr looks absolutely amazing but it's almost 2020 and I feel like I should try getting a higher refresh rate capable display this time.

As for monitors I'm currently looking at ASUS ROG Strix XG438Q & ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ
The latter which seems to have better specs doesn't seem to be available yet however.

As for the TVs I'm looking at the LG OLED55B9PUA
I watched Linus video on this and he mentioned once hdmi 2.1 gpu becomes available it can support 4K 120Hz

At the moment I'm leaning towards the LG B9 because I'm certain it'll look just as good or even better than my dying KS8000.

What do you guys think? Also, I would really appreciate if anyone can advise me with other options I missed. Thank you in advance.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS