The Worker

Commendable
May 21, 2020
Here is my current parts selection for a PC that will be heavily used for Blender 3.1 and some video editing.

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory

be quiet! Silent Base 802 ATX Mid Tower Case

The PC part picker tells me that I need a stock CPU cooler, which one should I get?

It also indicates that I might need to upgrade the BIOS, is this something I should try to avoid, and if not, how do I do this?

About the case, it says:

• Note: A USB 2.0 to USB 3.2 Gen 1 header adapter is required.
  • Note: A USB 3.2 Gen 1 to USB 3.2 Gen 2 header adapter is required.
What exactly do I need to do about this?

Is this a good selection of parts or could something be better? I was considering the 3050 GPU card for 100 dollars less, is it worth it to spend an extra 100 for 3060?

How many fans do I need to add to the case? Should I get an AIO?

Trying to keep this in the 1500 dollar range. 1700 would be OK if it were really worth it.

Found a discount code for Windows, is this legit? https://biitt.ly/kPBz6
It comes from a PC Builder video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLCVdlnx_kY

Will this expire soon? Should I go ahead and download it to a flash drive?

Also, how loud can i expect this build to be?

Is there anything else I need to know? I feel like I am probably missing something important.

Thank you for any advice!!!

Last edited:
There is no "stock CPU cooler " as that CPU doesn't come with one. In my experience only 360 or 480 AIO cooler could withstand job you need CPU to do at full performance. R7 5700x is just a small bit slower than 5800x but much easier to cool down. On the other hand, R9 5900x could be better deal (than 5800x) if difference in price is not great. You get 4 more cores for relatively low price and big boost in performance.
BIOS on that MB you might have to upgrade depending how "fresh" MB is, vendor should be able to tell you that.

Reactions: The Worker
The PC part picker tells me that I need a stock CPU cooler, which one should I get?
Depends on your budget.
Bequiet Dark Rock 4 would go nicely with your system.
Is this a good selection of parts or could something be better? I was considering the 3050 GPU card for 100 dollars less, is it worth it to spend an extra 100 for 3060?
It's ok.
How many fans do I need to add to the case? Should I get an AIO?
The case comes with 3 preinstalled fans - 2 in front an 1 in back.
This should be enough. You do not have any extra power hungry hardware in there.
Personally - I'd stay away from AIO. It is complex and expensive, not serviceable and prone to failures - clogging of cpu block, pump failure.
Good air cooler is preferable.
Also, how loud can i expect this build to be?
This will depend on temperatures and workload. Also on your personal noise perception.
Hard to predict. Should be fairly quiet.

Reactions: The Worker