Please check RX560 4GB O/C Settings

Mar 6, 2018
Hello,

I have just done my very 1st overclock with my MSI RX-560 4GB using MSI Afterburner until I got a stable base. I proberly can push a little more but wanted to show my settings to the community to get advise if this is correct and any changes I need to make.

Power Limit +75%
Temp Limit 90 degrees C
Core Clock (mHz) 1286
Memory Clock (mHz) 1750
Fan speed Auto

Using MSI Kombuster my Temp went as high as 67 degrees C when fan was auto and about 61 degrees C when fan was manual at 100%

Thoughts on OC Settings power usage and temps

Do you think I will get better FPS, Shading and overall better gaming with a RX-580 8GB

System Specs
I7-8700K (Not over clocked)
Asus Tuf Z370 Pro ATX
32gb Corsair DDR4 running at 3200mHz
256gb Samsubg 960 evo m.2 NVME SSD
Noctura Air cooled CPU Fan
NZXT S340 Case
Corsair TX650M PSU

Thanks Wayne

Solution
If you are looking for more performance then yes upgrade to an RX 580 8GB or better.

As far as your OC settings on your RX 560, I don't have much to comment because I've never had an RX 560 before. My only comment would be to tell you not to ruin your GPU trying to push it too far too often in overclocking. Find a stable overclock that nets a little performance (it may not always) and stick to that. You won't find large increases in performance from overclocking an entry-level card, or even some higher-end cards for that matter.
If you are looking for more performance then yes upgrade to an RX 580 8GB or better.

As far as your OC settings on your RX 560, I don't have much to comment because I've never had an RX 560 before. My only comment would be to tell you not to ruin your GPU trying to push it too far too often in overclocking. Find a stable overclock that nets a little performance (it may not always) and stick to that. You won't find large increases in performance from overclocking an entry-level card, or even some higher-end cards for that matter.

Solution