Motherboard: Asus Z390 Tuff gaming - Not from Main PC
Ram: 16 gb DDR4 - From Main PC
SSD/HDD: 500gb M.2 nvme - From Main PC
GPU: 2070 Super - From Main PC
PSU: GM750W Segotep (just purchases)
Chassis: Corsair 4000D Airflow
OS: Windows 11 - From SSD from Main PC that was pulled. Need to purchase new
Monitor: 34" curve alienware

I recently upgraded my main PC and took the components I pulled from it and built a new one for fun. I am able to load into BIOS hooked into the GPU but once I go to boot it gives me the PCI-E cable error. It loads when plugged into the motherboard. My only thought is it could be the SSD as I pulled it from my other pc and have not wiped it. I am unable to wipe it through the bios from some odd reason. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023
Can you take a picture of when the error happens?

Otherwise the only thing I can think of is the PCIe power cables are loose or not fully seated, because those are the only "PCIe

Thank you for your response!
I have re-seated and swapped cables a few times now.
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Apr 29, 2023
If you have another computer, does the graphics card work fine in that? Or conversely, do you have another graphics card that you can use in the computer?

Need to cut the problem in half..
Honestly don't know why I didn't think to do that. It something to do with the gpu, because it does the same thing in my main pc.

This is a message generated by the graphics card itself complaining about the auxiliary power not being plugged into it (which can obviously not be displayed if you bypass it by connecting the monitor cable to the motherboard) and has nothing to do with any drive. As you have a modular power supply, both ends have to be plugged in--to both GPU and PSU.

This message also appears if someone has flashed a vBIOS from a card with auxiliary power connectors, to a card without them.