[SOLVED] Please could I have advice on my build?

Sep 13, 2019
Hi guys - hoping to get some views on the new PC I am putting together.

I am aiming to game at 1440p 60fps - not necessarily the highest of settings but stable frame rates. Not too fussed about ray tracing or VR just yet. Would really welcome some thoughts on the below build I have put together.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/MK2v8Y

Part-picker is flagging a few compatibility issues about the BIOS but I don't think this should be a problem?

Thanks!

Solution
The motherboard will need a newer bios to accept the 3600, it might come with it installed, maybe not but it has a flash bios button so all you will need is usb stick with the correct bios on if not.

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
The build looks pretty capable of doing what you want... I would suggest going with a 3600x instead, and a better motherboard like a MSI B450 Tomahawk, as I upgraded from a locked CPU to an unlocked CPU which has been very handy in getting higher fps... also that motherboard is tough as hell, and will future proof your PC for some time yet! The extra room to play with clock speeds is key to achieving stable, high fps like 144+ .

As for the GPU, from the information I've gathered it should be more than capable of handling 144 fps on decent settings.

Reactions: JCJM

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
The build looks pretty capable of doing what you want... I would suggest going with a 3600x instead, and a better motherboard like a MSI B450 Tomahawk, as I upgraded from a locked CPU to an unlocked CPU which has been very handy in getting higher fps... also that motherboard is tough as hell, and will future proof your PC for some time yet! The extra room to play with clock speeds is key to achieving stable, high fps like 144+ .

As for the GPU, from the information I've gathered it should be more than capable of handling 144 fps on decent settings.
All Ryzen cpus are unlocked and use PBO. There is no need for a 3600x in my opinion. I would spend the money elsewhere.

TRENDING THREADS