Build Advice Please Critique my Build

tunghaichuan

Reputable
May 13, 2019
I've got most of these parts for my new build. My first build was about 9 years ago, and things have changed a bit

Any potential problems:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/tunghaichuan/saved/#view=VpvgwP

I don't overclock, so I probably will go with the stock cooler.

I got 32gb of the ADATA memory as I plan to do some video editing work.

I'm kind of torn of the video card, it is the only thing on the list I don't have but need to build the computer. I can only afford to spend around $300 give or take.

The alternative would be the Radeon Vega 56. It's about the same price as the 1660ti but has slightly better performance, if I read the specs correctly. I've always used Nvidia cards in the past so I'm leaning towards the 1660 ti.

I only have a 1080p 60hz monitor, so I don't need lots of GPU horsepower.

Thanks in advance.

tunghaichuan

Reputable
May 13, 2019
That PSU is overkill for that graphics card. Unless you plan to get a much better one later on, you could probably drop that to a 650W / 550W. I'm not sure the Vega 56 would be worth investing in at the moment.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the PSU is overkill, but I may want to put in a more powerful graphics card. I may get another lower wattage, cheaper PSU and save the Corsair for another build.

I do have a 27" Dell FreeSync monitor, if that makes any difference. Not planning on upgrading anytime soon.

g-unit1111

Titan
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the PSU is overkill, but I may want to put in a more powerful graphics card. I may get another lower wattage, cheaper PSU and save the Corsair for another build.

I do have a 27" Dell FreeSync monitor, if that makes any difference. Not planning on upgrading anytime soon.

You don't want to go too cheap on the PSU because that could end badly. Get something like an EVGA G3 650W or Seasonic Prime / Focus and you'll be safe for a long time.

Reactions: tunghaichuan

TRENDING THREADS