[SOLVED] Please double check my sub $1000 build

Light Knight

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
Hi there, I'm looking for a second or third set of eyes to make sure I haven't missed anything, or am building something incompatible on this build my friend and I are doing. It's for a computer that will be mostly used forg Lightroom (photography, but no videography), browsing/netflix/document formating, and some mild gaming if possible. Budget is an absolute max of $1000 Canadian (so like $750-800 USD max) but she'd be happy to save a few pennies.

What she already has: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, 1 TB external HDD, Windows 10 Pro

The build:

Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
The only problem that I see with your build is that the Ryzen 5 3600 has no onboard video. If you want to run on onboard video, you need a CPU like the i5-11600K. Or even an AMD APU, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend one of those for video editing.

Light Knight

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
The only problem that I see with your build is that the Ryzen 5 3600 has no onboard video. If you want to run on onboard video, you need a CPU like the i5-11600K. Or even an AMD APU, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend one of those for video editing.
I'm planning on getting a GT 1030 (second component from the top). Wouldn't that be ok?

Reactions: Why_Me