[SOLVED] Please give me your opinions on my pc build and are the parts compatible

Jan 23, 2019
Hi thanks for taking time to take a look at my thread. I have been thinking about upgrading my computer for some time now and had read articles claiming that now is the best time to get a new system with the new GPU's dropping and the fall in DDR4 prices. Here is what i have currently planned for upgrading.

CPU: AMD ryzen 2600x.// Upgrading from Intel i5-4590
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X
MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk // Upgrading from ASUS Vanguard B85
GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Ventus 6GB OC // Upgrading from MSI GTX 960 2GB
RAM: Kingston Hyperx Predator RGB 16GB (2x8) DDR4 3200MHz // Upgrading from Kingston Hyperx Fury 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1866MHz
PSU: EVGA G+ 650W Gold Full Modular
Storage : 500GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD + 1 TB Western Digital Black HDD

Note: I am not looking to change my storage, CPU Cooler and PSU as i am able to carry them forward(save money)

I have read online that Kingston RAM's cater more towards Intel CPU's and I would really appreciate if you can clarify if it is compatible with the 2600x. Reason I am getting this set of RAM is because there is a sale for it right now. Feel free to comment what you think about my build. Thanks in advance !

Solution
...Also the hyperx RAM will not have any compatibility issues with the AMD 2600x right?
I don't think you will have a problem, back with the b350s there were some problems and you had to update BIOS to get newer memory working but I have not had any problems with the B450 boards at all.

I have not used the HyperX Predator personally but have used Geil, Gskill, Corsair, Adata and Crucial in the 3000 and 3200 range so far all have XMP enabled without any problems on the B450s!

EDIT - ok I see what you mean, the G.Skill sticks I used were G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Intel Z170 Platform Model F4-3000C16D-16GISB which also says "Intel Z170" but no problem working on b450 board with XMP and the full...
...Note: I am not looking to change my storage, CPU Cooler and PSU as i am able to carry them forward(save money)

I have read online that Kingston RAM's cater more towards Intel CPU's and I would really appreciate if you can clarify if it is compatible with the 2600x. Reason I am getting this set of RAM is because there is a sale for it right now. Feel free to comment what you think about my build. Thanks in advance !
My only suggestion would have been a Cryorig over the 212, but since you already have one I guess you can use it. Everything else looks spot-on.

Truth be told, unless you are heavy overclocking just stick to the AMD 2600x stock cooler it's pretty capable on it's on accord and is quite silent - and just keep the 212 on the i5 board if you are going to repurpose or sell it off.

Jan 23, 2019
My only suggestion would have been a Cryorig over the 212, but since you already have one I guess you can use it. Everything else looks spot-on.

Truth be told, unless you are heavy overclocking just stick to the AMD 2600x stock cooler it's pretty capable on it's on accord and is quite silent - and just keep the 212 on the i5 board if you are going to repurpose or sell it off.
Hi thanks for the comment. I will take into conisderation about using the stock cooler over the 212 as from videos it seems that installing the stock cooler is much easier. Also the hyperx RAM will not have any compatibility issues with the AMD 2600x right?

...Also the hyperx RAM will not have any compatibility issues with the AMD 2600x right?
I don't think you will have a problem, back with the b350s there were some problems and you had to update BIOS to get newer memory working but I have not had any problems with the B450 boards at all.

I have not used the HyperX Predator personally but have used Geil, Gskill, Corsair, Adata and Crucial in the 3000 and 3200 range so far all have XMP enabled without any problems on the B450s!

EDIT - ok I see what you mean, the G.Skill sticks I used were G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Intel Z170 Platform Model F4-3000C16D-16GISB which also says "Intel Z170" but no problem working on b450 board with XMP and the full 3000mhz - again I don't think your kingston ram will have any problem either

Last edited:
Solution
Jan 23, 2019

EDIT - ok I see what you mean, the G.Skill sticks I used were G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Intel Z170 Platform Model F4-3000C16D-16GISB which also says "Intel Z170" but no problem working on b450 board with XMP and the full 3000mhz - again I don't think your kingston ram will have any problem either
Thank you for the quick response. I chose to get the B450 over the B350 because i read about the B350 having problems here and there hence i would rather pay the extra $20 for the B450 and save myself the trouble. Really appreciate your help and clarification, thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS