Please give suggestions.

trusnoop

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2001
I have an asus mew-am motherboard. I have a PIII 600/133 potato chip, although the motherboard only supports 100 bus. I believe that having a PIII means that I can only overclock the CPU by increasing the bus speed. I have these jumper settings that I can change to increase the performance, but dont know which one would be good.

Please check um here <http://www.asus.com/products/Motherboard/Pentiumpro/Mew-am/jumper.html>

I dont really know what those mean and would appreciate if u could tell me which ones to try.

thanks a lot.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Your lucky if it supports the PIII600/133 at 133. If you have settings in bios, that would be your only path for overdriving it. The juper settings do not even reach 133. Perhaps you have the 600/100? If it is a Coppermine, the 600E will go to 800@133 easily, but not on your motherboard unless you can do this in BIOS. You really need a better motherboard. Do you have a Hewlet Packerd perhaps? Because the HP boards had clock adjustments disabled.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

trusnoop

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2001
Yes it is an HP and what's more it has a stupid built in graphics thing. In bios I cant overclock it because u cant do it with this motherboard. But in bios and some other programs say that it is a P III 600/133.

Anywayz, my questions was what would be a good setting for this motherboard. The possible settings are given on the webpage above.

thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
First of all, I seriously doubt that the jupers are even there, HP usually orders their motherboards without mulipliers or the additional clock crystal neede to make manual adjustments work. Second, even if you do have the jumpers for it, there are no jumper settings on the chart above 133, so you still could not do it even with a retail board. You could get the Asus CULS2-M motherboard, it would let you overclock your processor, and fits your case, plus it offers an AGP slot which automatically disables onboard video when used. As for your current motherboard, not much can be done. If you want to keep it, I would suggest you forget overclocking and try getting a Radeon PCI video card for it.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

TRENDING THREADS