Question Please help ———- GPU crashing ?

Aug 26, 2022
So recently ive upgraded to a ryzen 5 5600x and a RX5600xt gigabyte REV 2 with 32 gig of ram, a gigabyte b450 ds3h wifi, a WD blue SN570, 3 fans 2 HDD and a SSD, witha 600 watt psu, im crashing on games like modded minecraft and valorant after only playing for a couple hours but i can run games like cyberpunk and destiny 2 for a while without ever crashing any ideas on what might be causing this? any help at all would be really grateful, also when it crashes it gives weird error codes like in java "the instruction at 0x00007FF9C4BDE79F referenced memory at 0x00000000000004D8. The memory could not be read." or if I have obs open (which isnt all the time) while playing minecraft and minecraft crashes it also forces me to restart OBS by freezing it and in the case of valorant crashing it just froze and had like some sort of artaficing when it happened and just froze my whole game, i could still talk but i had to sign out and sign in to get back on the game, i have adrenaline on, the only thing ive tinkered with was fan speeds at one point to keep the card from overheating but ive turned it back to default settings thinking i may have over pulled power on my psu but ive set it back to default settings but its still just doing the same stuff. All my drivers on adrenaline and mobo wise are up to date. Idk what to do anymore any help would be appreciated. thank you :D

At a glance, I would lean toward your PSU struggling at times when the GPU is pulling a lot of graphics
Since the Ryzen 5 5600x power consumption is 88W, and the minimum PSU for an R5600Xt is 500W so you are at 588W and that doesn't count the 3 drives.

looking deeper into your detailed description of your problem I see now the "the instruction at 0x00007FF9C4BDE79F referenced memory at 0x00000000000004D8. " error , So I did a quick google and rapidly found an answer " The instruction at referenced memory is a RAM-related error that often occurs when running Windows 10 PC. This error often indicates that an application couldn’t be read by the assigned physical memory. According to an investigation, it’s concluded that the corrupted system files, malware, and conflicting third-party software can trigger the instruction at 0x0000 error. "

so I would reboot your system close all applications you have no need to run from the desktop and then check for windows corrupted files.
and follow these steps :

As pointed out above, the corrupted system files in the C drive are likely responsible for the instruction at 0x0000 Windows 10.
At this time, an SFC and DISM scan are often used to repair the corrupted system files.

Step 1. Type cmd in the search box on the taskbar. And then right-click the Command Prompt app and select Run as administrator.
Step 2. Type dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in the elevated command prompt and hit Enter.
Step 3. Type sfc /scannow command in the command prompt. This process may take you much time to scan, please wait patiently.

reboot and test again and report back.

Aug 26, 2022
At a glance, I would lean toward your PSU struggling at times when the GPU is pulling a lot of graphics
Since the Ryzen 5 5600x power consumption is 88W, and the minimum PSU for an R5600Xt is 500W so you are at 588W and that doesn't count the 3 drives.

looking deeper into your detailed description of your problem I see now the "the instruction at 0x00007FF9C4BDE79F referenced memory at 0x00000000000004D8. " error , So I did a quick google and rapidly found an answer " The instruction at referenced memory is a RAM-related error that often occurs when running Windows 10 PC. This error often indicates that an application couldn’t be read by the assigned physical memory. According to an investigation, it’s concluded that the corrupted system files, malware, and conflicting third-party software can trigger the instruction at 0x0000 error. "

so I would reboot your system close all applications you have no need to run from the desktop and then check for windows corrupted files.
and follow these steps :

As pointed out above, the corrupted system files in the C drive are likely responsible for the instruction at 0x0000 Windows 10.
At this time, an SFC and DISM scan are often used to repair the corrupted system files.

Step 1. Type cmd in the search box on the taskbar. And then right-click the Command Prompt app and select Run as administrator.
Step 2. Type dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in the elevated command prompt and hit Enter.
Step 3. Type sfc /scannow command in the command prompt. This process may take you much time to scan, please wait patiently.

reboot and test again and report back.
i tried to run that and im getting and error 87, and also another thing to add was i was playing borderlands 3 last night and noticed a ton of stuttering when i was using DX12 on high settings but when i switched it to DX11 it ran just fine, and i got it to work i just had an uneeded space after DISM

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022
For DISM it completed successfully , and for SFC it said "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." plus i used AMD adrenaline to undervolt my gpu for now just so it doesnt over draw my power supply, and also as a quick side not the rx 5600xt only has a TDP of 150 at max and the r5 5600x only has a tdp of 65