[SOLVED] Please help, 1050ti shut down randomly

Feb 29, 2020
My graphic card is 1050 ti, i purchased it half year ago, at first its fine but recently it shut down randomly like during gaming( lilke 30mins running) some times didnt even boot from bios, some time few hours, i cant find whats the problem, i updated all my drivers and today i even update my bios version to the latest one.

I tried to replace it with my old GPU 750ti, it runs perfectly made me feel my 1050ti is broken, but if it is broken why sometime i can use it over few hours sometime only few mins. i keep monitor the temperature it keeps around 40~50 degrees. no sign of overheating

how can i fix this problem or my 1050ti is done:(

here is my computer spec: Intel i3 8100 with Noctua L-type Low profile cooler (NH-L12)
GIGABYTE Z370N ITX wifi
Kingston 250GB SSD

8GB RAM DDR4
PSU GAMEMAX 550W ATX
GIGABYTE GTX 1050ti ( shut down randomly) / MSI GTX 750ti runs good
Case : cooler master elite 130 RC-130- KKN1 ITX

Thanks please give me some advise.

Solution
Yeah, 550W should be enough power a 1050 Ti easily. Problem is that this PSU is, for all intents and purposes, a 432W power supply. That would also be enough for a 1050 Ti, but the fact that it's an ancient, group-regulated power supply from a dodgy brand is enough to be suspicious.

If temperatures are fine, the next step would be to replace the PSU with a competent, modern one. There's no guarantee that's the problem; one of the many problems of a junk-tier PSU is that the first time something goes wrong with the PC's hardware, you have to replace the PSU anyway to isolate what's going on.

DSzymborski

Titan
Yeah, 550W should be enough power a 1050 Ti easily. Problem is that this PSU is, for all intents and purposes, a 432W power supply. That would also be enough for a 1050 Ti, but the fact that it's an ancient, group-regulated power supply from a dodgy brand is enough to be suspicious.

If temperatures are fine, the next step would be to replace the PSU with a competent, modern one. There's no guarantee that's the problem; one of the many problems of a junk-tier PSU is that the first time something goes wrong with the PC's hardware, you have to replace the PSU anyway to isolate what's going on.

Reactions: Leo T
Solution

DSzymborski

Titan
thanks i will try to get a branded one, will update here once tested it out. hope it will be solved.

but why 1050ti only??? not 750ti :(

You'll have a better idea once you eliminate the PSU from the mix. If it still doesn't run, then the GPU itself is likely the problem. If the poor-quality PSU is right on the edge with a 750 Ti, the 1050 Ti uses slightly more power.

Reactions: Leo T
Feb 29, 2020
You'll have a better idea once you eliminate the PSU from the mix. If it still doesn't run, then the GPU itself is likely the problem. If the poor-quality PSU is right on the edge with a 750 Ti, the 1050 Ti uses slightly more power.

UPDATE: i bought a brand new PSU --Corsair RM750 and install in , when i turn on the power, the 1050ti did spin for around 3 ~5 sec without any HDMI signal , not even bios screen this time, 750 ti still works fine as usual, does it mean my 1050 is done? :(