Please Help, 975bx2 issue, takes forever to load windows now

JohnJ

Distinguished
May 2, 2004
I just recently overclocked my system to 3.0 ghz by lowering my memory speed to 533 instead of 800 ddr2 memory, then changed the host clock frequency ( under processor) to 333 which gave me the 3.0 ghz. Everything was fine, then i decided to see the difference between this 1.9v memory and my old 1.8v memory both the same in every way except the voltage.
At first i got a black screen but the computer's fans and such were still operating normally. Then i set the intel bios jumper to config and saw the problem was that the bios still had the memory somehow reconfigured itself to run at 800 mhz instead of 533. But the processor setting was still at 333 host clock over ride. At first i thought it was my video card. After pressing F9 ( system default bios settings) i got the system to work again.Then i put my 1.9v mem back in, I tried to set the memory back at 533 and it just wouldnt save it to that setting even tho i told it to when i exited the bios screen. I then reflashed my latest bios via 3.5 disk and was able to get my computer to run after restoring the system defaults.
Somehow i was able to get the sytem to overclock again by changing the memory frequency to 533, this time the "reference memory" to 333 instead of default which i had b4 ( should i just put it at default? the other options are all lower than 333) and the processor host clock frequency to 333. Now it takes at least 3X longer to load wondows and 20-30 secs longer to boot up. It does say my processor is runnign at 3.0 ghz in windows and my memory is at 533. What is wrong with my pc?

Thank you So much

intel 975bx2
e6600
2g mushkin (green) 1.9 5 5 5 12
seagate 320
enermax liberty 620
8800 gtx

miahallen

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2002
I just recently overclocked my system to 3.0 ghz by lowering my memory speed to 533 instead of 800 ddr2 memory, then changed the host clock frequency ( under processor) to 333 which gave me the 3.0 ghz. Everything was fine, then i decided to see the difference between this 1.9v memory and my old 1.8v memory both the same in every way except the voltage.
At first i got a black screen but the computer's fans and such were still operating normally. Then i set the intel bios jumper to config and saw the problem was that the bios still had the memory somehow reconfigured itself to run at 800 mhz instead of 533. But the processor setting was still at 333 host clock over ride. At first i thought it was my video card. After pressing F9 ( system default bios settings) i got the system to work again.Then i put my 1.9v mem back in, I tried to set the memory back at 533 and it just wouldnt save it to that setting even tho i told it to when i exited the bios screen. I then reflashed my latest bios via 3.5 disk and was able to get my computer to run after restoring the system defaults.
Somehow i was able to get the sytem to overclock again by changing the memory frequency to 533, this time the "reference memory" to 333 instead of default which i had b4 ( should i just put it at default? the other options are all lower than 333) and the processor host clock frequency to 333. Now it takes at least 3X longer to load wondows and 20-30 secs longer to boot up. It does say my processor is runnign at 3.0 ghz in windows and my memory is at 533. What is wrong with my pc?

Thank you So much

intel 975bx2
e6600
2g mushkin (green) 1.9 5 5 5 12
seagate 320
enermax liberty 620
8800 gtx

I understood the whole post, except for the line I marked red? Can you explain better please?

If your FSB is at 333 (1066 QDR) and memory is set to 533, this should increase your performance. Not sure where the problem is.