[SOLVED] Please help a noob out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2020
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a new cpu of eBay, the cpu what was originally in my pc is a Intel core 2 duo @2.2 and I purchased a Intel q9650 quad @3.0 so I installed the cpu with thermal paste and my pc wouldn't boot it would come on for a few seconds then shut off so I tried the usual things clearing cmos, taking out ram and testing each component but still nothing it just kept shutting off, I checked before I bought the cpu to make sure it was compatible with my motherboard which is a foxconn G31mx so I decided to put my original cpu back in and the ebay seller is saying he's 100 percent sure the cpu works so my question is do I need to update my bios for an upgraded cpu I have already downloaded the bios drivers it's a zip file with 2 files, 1 file ends in bin and the other ends in exe if you definitely know I need to update my bios and that's the problem could you please tell me how to do it, regards xceeder.

May 13, 2020
Also as I side note my power supply is 300 watt when adding upgraded cpu's etc does the pc require a higher psu?
The specs are 4gb ram, 2gb gt710 graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.