Please help, about to panic

tgfontherun

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
Hi. I recently completed my first ever build, using components suggested by you guys, mostly why_me. After I finished it, I installed windows and everything was working great! But yesterday I unplugged everything so I could route all the cables to the back to make the whole thing cleaner looking, when I got everything plugged back in today, the computer no longer recognizes my hard drive or ssd, it only recognizes the optical drive. Even when I go into the setup utility to change the boot order, the only option it gives me is the optical drive. However, if I attempt to reinstall windows, the installer recognizes both the ssd and the hdd as places I could install windows, but it says that windows can not be installed on those drives and that I should check if the controller for those disks are turned on. What is going on!?! How do I fix it?! I have already fallen in love with this computer and I am about to panic! I'm sorry if I am breaking any rules by posting this here.. Thank you all.

tgfontherun

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
mobo: asrock p67 extreme b4
ssd: adata 120 gb
hdd: Samsung Desktop Class Spinpoint F3 1 TB SATA
gpu: gtx 580
ram: corsair vengeance 2x4gb
cpu: intel i5 2500k

I reset everything in the bios to the default settings.. that didnt help.. everything was working fine just the other day..