-i7-97000
-Asus Prime Z390-A
-Gigabyte RTX 2060
-Corsair Vengence RBG Pro (16GB)
-Corsair Carbide SPEC-OMEGA RGB
-Thermaltake 600W RGB PSU
and the topic of this post...
-Corsair H100i AIO RGB Pro XT

When we (Me & my dad) turned it on everything worked fine, including the fans on the AIO radiator. However, the RGB ring on the pump didn't turn on and when entering the BIOS, the CPU temperature reached 70 degrees celsius. We did all the connections correctly, reading the manual until we knew off by heart and watching as many videos as we could find, yet still nothing. I'm currently using the stock cooler that came with the i7-9700 CPU as a temporary replacement.

I have no idea whether we received the product faulty and I should RMA it, or if it's a different problem on our end (or even if we still did something wrong despite the manual and videos) so any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, before you suggest it, I have contacted Corsair customer support but with the COVID-19 stuff they're taking their understandably sweet time to respond and I very much want to have the PC fully built as soon as possible.

Thanks,
-M.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's multiple cables. You need the small plug to the cpu_fan header, Sata for power, the usb for the RGB (requires iCue software installation) and the fan connectors.

The rgb will be controlled through iCue, as will fan and pump speeds, but power for all that comes from the Sata plug. The cpu_fan header is only to allow the cpu and bios to read the pump speeds independently of any software.

yeetpeople

Reputable
Jun 9, 2020
I plugged all the stuff in as you said and when booting it up and going to the BIOS, thesplash screen said there was a cpu fan error. Are the rgbs on the pump only supposed to turn on when i install ICUE or arethey supposed to turn on straight away? because they dont turn on straight away.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If you get into bios, go to the fan speed section and disable any q-fan or other fancy stuff. If bios allows, disable the cpu fan monitor altogether.

The fans are plugged into the pump, so low rpm warning (that's the cpu fan error) doesn't apply. It'll get sorted out later in iCue.

You'll need to have iCue run automatically at startup as it controls everything. Just set the pumo/fans on standard or silent etc and save.

The rgb is different, some kick on with power, some won't until software tells them a color, but it's not really a big deal as you'll spend very little time in bios screens or going through boot process. All that's really important is that it works and is controllable after Windows loads.