Question Please Help - AMD570

May 21, 2019
I've just bought a rx580, and have replaced my 270x with it, having inserted it and inserting all cables, I have tried to turn it on yet nothing at all has happened, no lights, no fans, nothing. I have swapped the card back to the 270 and in doing so it powers on perfectly fine. I have a 500w power supply, 16gb of ram and an amd processor, any ideas what may be wrong?
Many thanks, Sam

Have you properly connected all the PCI/PEG cables to the GPU, 6 or 8-pin as applicable, depending on your GPU model ?? Do you have the latest system BIOS installed as well ? There are actually 2 revisions of your Motherboard, rev 1 and rev2.x.

The rev2.x motherboard has the last BIOS dated 2016/03/02. The older motherboard revision has a BIOS dated 2014/12/29.

May 21, 2019
Have you properly connected all the PCI/PEG cables to the GPU, 6 or 8-pin as applicable, depending on your GPU model ?? Do you have the latest system BIOS installed as well ? There are actually 2 revisions of your Motherboard, rev 1 and rev2.x.

The rev2.x motherboard has the last BIOS dated 2016/03/02. The older motherboard revision has a BIOS dated 2014/12/29.
I had all pins in but not the bios updated, how would I go about doing that?

Use the utility/software which comes with the Motherboard's CD (@- bios, APP centre). But do this VERY carefully. If you are not comfortable with this, then seek some help. When it comes to the BIOS we need to be extra careful, because if done wrongly, it might even brick the PC.

So, do you have the rev2.x motherboard ??

Last edited: