Question Please help!!! Asus Tuf b450m plus gaming motherboard bios recovery trouble

Mar 3, 2020
I tried to update my bios and it ended up freezing 3/4s of the way through and it was stuck for over half an hour, I looked online and someone said to reset to computer and it should go through fine, so I did and then I installed the update, it froze again but it finished this time so I tried to reboot and then it didn’t even make it to the post screen it just says “bios recovery mode has been detected, please put file “B450MPG.CAP” into HDD or a removable USB media device, and then reset your computer. You can also insert ASUS Support CD to your CD rom and reset your computer, if you have done these, please wait a moment and don’t shutdown system!! System will automatically be rebooted.” I tried both the driver disk and a USB flash drive, but whenever I use the CD drive or plug in the USB, my screen doesn’t output, pc turns on but theirs just no output, black screen. If I remove the USB or CD, the screen works again and goes to the bios recovery mode screen again, I’m trying now with a the file on a hdd and it’s on the recovery screen now, but it’s been on there for almost 30 minutes now and no change.. I don’t know what to do, please help!!

Mar 3, 2020
I’ve tried everything to get it to work, I done the same stuff as the person on that thread, I had the “TB450MPG.CAP” file in a flash drive, I tried plugging in the flash drive when the pc was off and that just leads to no screen output(pc is on though) and I left it for over an hour an nothing, and I tried turning it on without the USB and so it can output to the screen. and I plug it in after it starts, still nothing

Have you tried the option of updating your BIOS via the internet?

To update the BIOS using EZ Flash 3: Via the Internet
1. Enter the Advanced Mode of the BIOS setup program. Go to the Tool menu to select ASUS EZ Flash 3 Utility and press <Enter> to enable it.

a) Select by Internet.
b) Press the Left/Right arrow keys to select an Internet connection method, and then press <Enter>.
c) Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update. Reboot the system when the update process is done.
DO NOT shut down or reset the system while updating the BIOS to prevent system boot failure

8be729fb-48b5-48b7-82c4-b30e890cee79.jpg

Reactions: Mellor81