• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question PLEASE HELP!!! BIOS not opening

Nov 22, 2019
Hi,

so I installed a new cpu cooler, booted to Windows, checked idle temps were great, wanted to overclock my cpu, restarted it, tried opening bios and when I pressed DEL button it just starts spasing out, MSI logo starts flashing almost giving me an epilepsy attack , could anyone please help me?
so far i've tried everything, I tried taking out the CMOS battery with the three pin cable - that didn't do anything. I tried opening bios with my gpu taken out, still did nothing but without the GPU it just the bios screen flashed/spasmed even faster, I even changed the CMOS battery and still it didn't change anything, I'm trying to find a solution for the last 2-3 hours and I can't find anything... Please help guys... If you need any additional information just ask me I will respond right away as it's already almost 12pm where I live.

My PC specs:

MOBO: MSI z97 PC Mate
CPU: i5 4690k
GPU: GTX 960
RAM: HyperX Red 8gb 1866mhz
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 240gb
HDD: Toshiba 1TB

Nov 22, 2019
yeah, it's Windows 10, but I already tried that ant it didn't work, I tried literally everything, spent 5 hours trying to get it working, but I got really tired and anxious so all there is left to do is wait for anyone to give a good answer that I haven't tried. Would reinstalling Windows help or is my motherboard bricked?

Nov 22, 2019
yep, tried everything, when I tried opening bios from windows it said that it can't be accessed or that it doesnt exist, can't recall what it said exactly. i even changed my boot mode from legacy to uefi but still that didnt change anything, when i press delete it just starts flashing the msi logo screen at like 5 refreshes a second, when i unplug my gpu it gets even faster lol

Nov 22, 2019
I remember I found this problem a month or two months ago, back when I had the old cooler, but I forgot that somehow and thought that my bios is working properly so I bought a new cooler 😄 my cpu temps are now 50c max at idle, I think my bios got corrupted somehow, but I wonder is there any way to reinstall it or do I need to buy a new motherboard or even a pc ?

Nov 22, 2019
and there is no way I damaged my motherboard, I didn't even tighten the screws pretty hard, just did the screws until I felt slight resistance.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS