Question PLEASE HELP!!! BIOS not opening

Nov 22, 2019
Hi,

so I installed a new cpu cooler, booted to Windows, checked idle temps were great, wanted to overclock my cpu, restarted it, tried opening bios and when I pressed DEL button it just starts spasing out, MSI logo starts flashing almost giving me an epilepsy attack , could anyone please help me?
so far i've tried everything, I tried taking out the CMOS battery with the three pin cable - that didn't do anything. I tried opening bios with my gpu taken out, still did nothing but without the GPU it just the bios screen flashed/spasmed even faster, I even changed the CMOS battery and still it didn't change anything, I'm trying to find a solution for the last 2-3 hours and I can't find anything... Please help guys... If you need any additional information just ask me I will respond right away as it's already almost 12pm where I live.

My PC specs:

MOBO: MSI z97 PC Mate
CPU: i5 4690k
GPU: GTX 960
RAM: HyperX Red 8gb 1866mhz
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 240gb
HDD: Toshiba 1TB

Nov 22, 2019
yeah, it's Windows 10, but I already tried that ant it didn't work, I tried literally everything, spent 5 hours trying to get it working, but I got really tired and anxious so all there is left to do is wait for anyone to give a good answer that I haven't tried. Would reinstalling Windows help or is my motherboard bricked?

Nov 22, 2019
yep, tried everything, when I tried opening bios from windows it said that it can't be accessed or that it doesnt exist, can't recall what it said exactly. i even changed my boot mode from legacy to uefi but still that didnt change anything, when i press delete it just starts flashing the msi logo screen at like 5 refreshes a second, when i unplug my gpu it gets even faster lol

Nov 22, 2019
I remember I found this problem a month or two months ago, back when I had the old cooler, but I forgot that somehow and thought that my bios is working properly so I bought a new cooler 😄 my cpu temps are now 50c max at idle, I think my bios got corrupted somehow, but I wonder is there any way to reinstall it or do I need to buy a new motherboard or even a pc ?

Nov 22, 2019
and there is no way I damaged my motherboard, I didn't even tighten the screws pretty hard, just did the screws until I felt slight resistance.