Please help: Boot devcie not found

Ahsan_14

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017
Hello guys recently i encountered a problem that was stopping me from using my pc. Whenever i turn on my pc some text is displayed on the screen saying : "Boot device not found , Press F1 to retry...."
When I press F1 to reboot It doesn't work and the same error appears again. My pc was working all nice and fine until I cleaned it up from inside by blowing the dust off using a leaf blower. Then this error showed up and before it was not there. Btw my pc is a dell precision t3400. Also to mention that I also disconnected its graphics card and RAM and then reconnected them while cleaning the cpu. I checked my hard drive for any faults or errors but it was working perfectly. Also i tried reinstalling windows. This worked and the the files in the hard disk were still there but after restarting It the same error has appeared and no matter how many times I rebooted it the same text is being displayed again an again and i am unable to boot up my pc. Moreover I also have tried running windows diagnostics and it says that all the components are working fine. Please can anybody tell me how to solve this. Thanks in advance.
P.s: In the BIOS setup it doesn't recognize the hdd and shows onboard sata drive not detected.

Solution
Reconnect the SATA HDD in a different port, start the pc, go into BIOS by pressing del key, in the BIOS boot menu select boot device as hdd save the settings and restart the pc

Muzzammil22

Respectable
Jan 28, 2017
Reconnect the SATA HDD in a different port, start the pc, go into BIOS by pressing del key, in the BIOS boot menu select boot device as hdd save the settings and restart the pc

Solution