Question Please help! Can't connect fans to motherboard.

Jan 24, 2021
The rainbow headers are Adressable RGB headers to connect a 5V LED strip or a 5V adressable RGB fan.

Page 40 - https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C56v2.1.pdf

Can you plug a non adressable RGB fan in a ARGB header?
yeah on that manual it shows the 3 pins in a certain order so two pins and then one pin further out. the ones that the fan has are not the same so wouldnt fit onto the rainbow headers, also i tried fitting them onto the 4 pin 12 volts ones but these also have a restriction so doesnt fit.. so i can’t actually turn them on i don’t think? because the motherboard doesnt have 3 pin headers

Jan 24, 2021
Can you take a screenshot of the fan connectors and paste the picture on imgur.com and then link it here?
yes i also took a pic of the motherboard headers, the rainbow at the top and the sys fans on the side. the cable for connecting the fans is tripled with three connectors that realistically should connect to the ones connected to the fans (i’ve also put a picture of them) because they have 3 pins which would fit into the fan ones, but it doesn’t as it’s too big. if i was able to connect those, i would be able to control the rgb with a button on the top of the pc case. but that doesn’t work neither does connecting to the motherboard so i’m lost..
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/ptt93Wa

yes i also took a pic of the motherboard headers, the rainbow at the top and the sys fans on the side. the cable for connecting the fans is tripled with three connectors that realistically should connect to the ones connected to the fans (i’ve also put a picture of them) because they have 3 pins which would fit into the fan ones, but it doesn’t as it’s too big. if i was able to connect those, i would be able to control the rgb with a button on the top of the pc case. but that doesn’t work neither does connecting to the motherboard so i’m lost..
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/ptt93Wa

I took a look at your case on some forums. This came out below.

"It has a very basic rgb controller built into the case. But it also plugs into an RGB motherboard header"

Your case has a RGB controller. You plug the fan in that controller and the controller on the board.

Jan 24, 2021
yes i also took a pic of the motherboard headers, the rainbow at the top and the sys fans on the side. the cable for connecting the fans is tripled with three connectors that realistically should connect to the ones on the fans (i’ve also put a picture of them) because they have 3 pins which would fit into the fan, but it doesn’t as it’s too big. if i was able to connect those, i would be able to control the rgb with a button on the top of the pc case. but that doesn’t work neither does connecting to the motherboard so i’m lost..
I took a look at your case on some forums. This came out below.

"It has a very basic rgb controller built into the case. But it also plugs into an RGB motherboard header"

Your case has a RGB controller. You plug the fan in that controller and the controller on the board.
to my knowledge it doesn’t have a controller, maybe thats for a different model of the case? im not sure what the controller would look like

You're right sorry. it's the 55 model and not the 50 that has the RGB controller.

I'm sorry I'm not too good with rgb/argb stuff and all the case models etc.

The only video I found about the fan connection is this one. I will let someone with more knowledge then me jump in this thread and help.

It shows two ways of plugging them. The first one at 1:09 and the second one right after. I think the first one is not using the RGB an the second one is. I might be wrong since it's in Japanese xD

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVEFdBdEnlA

Jan 24, 2021
You're right sorry. it's the 55 model and not the 50 that has the RGB controller.

I'm sorry I'm not too good with rgb/argb stuff and all the case models etc.

The only video I found about the fan connection is this one. I will let someone with more knowledge then me jump in this thread and help.

It shows two ways of plugging them. The first one at 1:09 and the second one right after. I think the first one is not using the RGB an the second one is. I might be wrong since it's in Japanese xD

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVEFdBdEnlA
thats okay! thank you so much for your help. coincidentally i watched that video earlier as well and in both those ways he is able to connect the cables from the fans into the ‘main’ case cables which would then allow the rgb button on the top of the case to work but unfortunately mine don’t fit together :(

thats okay! thank you so much for your help. coincidentally i watched that video earlier as well and in both those ways he is able to connect the cables from the fans into the ‘main’ case cables which would then allow the rgb button on the top of the case to work but unfortunately mine don’t fit together :(

The question I'm asking myself is why do they sell that case if you can't plug the ARGB fan. You sure you're not missing a cable (The one connecting in the rainbow header)?

Sounds stupid to sell a ARGB case with no way of connecting the fan.

Does that RGB button on the case has any cables attachhed with it? Maybe the fan rgb connect in daisy chain and is connected to that button THEN the button is connected on the board. I'm just speculating here since it doesn't make sense to sell a case like that with ARGB fan without being able to connect them.

Jan 24, 2021
The question I'm asking myself is why do they sell that case if you can't plug the ARGB fan. You sure you're not missing a cable (The one connecting in the rainbow header)?

Sounds stupid to sell a ARGB case with no way of connecting the fan.

Does that RGB button on the case has any cables attachhed with it? Maybe the fan rgb connect in daisy chain and is connected to that button THEN the button is connected on the board. I'm just speculating here since it doesn't make sense to sell a case like that with ARGB fan without being able to connect them.
im asking myself the same question honestly, ive contacted deepcool maybe theyll answer. maybe just buying new 4 pin fans would be best? this is my first build so im not 100% sure on prices but i imagine a 3 pack of rgb fans isnt too expensive