Question PLEASE HELP, COMPUTER BLACK SCREENS AND IS UNABLE TO BE TURNED OFF.

TheRingLeader

Honorable
Aug 30, 2016
Yesterday me and my buddy worked on managing some of his cables, dusting out his computer, as well as changing the thermal paste. Before we started the computer wasn't having an issues besides him complaining that his computer should be performing better. After we reassembled the computer the power button wouldn't turn the computer on at all. I flipped the orientation of the CPU connector and was able to at least get the computer fans to turn on and the power button to work. The issue we were having after that was that, the computer would make an attempt to load into windows, black screen and everything would turn off besides the power button on his case and the LED's on his mouse. When it would do this the power button would also stop working even though it was clearly lit up and we were forced to turn off the PSU to turn the computer off. We thought we fixed this issue by taking the 850 EVO SSD's out. We also tried reseated the ram and booting one stick at a time. Once the 850 EVO SSD was out the computer was now booting into Windows 10. I then switched the boot mode to UEFI and we were able to load into Windows with the 850 EVO in. We then thought everything was fixed until we tried to load up Rust to test performance. The computer did the exact same thing where it black screened and the power button was lit but unresponsive. So we took out the 850 EVO again and it would boot into windows but was giving us the same issue even with the 850 out. Now I'm starting to question if this is a bigger issue. If you have any suggestions on troubleshooting or solutions please let me know! Thanks!

Specs to the best of my ability.
Ryzen 7 3700x
ASUS TUF Gaming x570
32gb G. skill 4x4
Gigabyte RTX 2070
850 EVO SSD 250gb
870 EVO SSD 500gb
Seagate Barracuda 1tb
850 watt gold cert Thermal Take PSU
BeQuiet duel fan CPU heatsink.

Last edited: