Please help computer monitor has no signal

godsmack477

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2014
Someone please help me! I had a dell xps 8300 with a amd radeon 6870 and an i7 2600k 3.4GHz. My graphics card fan started getting really loud and then within a few weeks my monitor would no longer have a signal to the graphics card, so i just plugged my monitor into my motherboard and it worked fine. Having the broken graphics card i bought a new case(corsair 200r), graphics card(asus r9 290) and psu(corsair cx750m). I disassembled my old xps 8300 and installed all of the new parts into the new case. I turn on the computer and the fans inthe case work the graphics card is on but now my monitor has no signal when plugged into the motherboard and graphics card??? Im not sure what to do any suggestions?

godsmack477

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2014

yes it has a 8 pin and a 6 pin and there is also a solid orange light on the motherboard, and im pretty sure a ram failure has a constant series of beeps if thats the problem but there are no beeps

update i took my graphics card out now my monitor works vga to motherboard but when the graphics card was in vga to motherboard did not work and hdmi to graphics card did not work either???? what is this