Please help, computer won't power on

tburges0

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
About a month ago my computer suddenly powered off and wouldn't come back on. After totally unhooking the power supply and reseating wires and components, it returned to working normally. Twice in the month after normally shutting off the power, my computer would refuse to turn on later that day or the next day. After unhooking the PSU and cables and reattaching things would work normally again. I replaced my PSU with a new corsair ax860 three days ago, and now suddenly I have the same problem, except I've tried unhooking everything and this time it makes no difference.
However, I should mention that the white power LEDs on my gtx 980 light normally when the PSU is on (and have all through this issue), as do the red LEDs on my Asus crosshair v mobo, but when I press the power button on the case or even the "start" button on the mobo directly, nothing happens. I've checked and rechecked to see if there could be any swollen or visibly damaged capacitors or signs of scorching or shorts on the mobo.
I would appreciate any help or advice you could provide.

Solution
try replacing the cmos battery and make sure it in. use the usb flashback port and run the newest bios file from the port twice to rule out a bad cmos. check the power good pin make sure it within spec. check the reset and power on switches on the case. see if there sticking. if they use a small daughter card see if the vender of the case will send you a new card or front panel to rule out a signal loss from the front panel. check that the cpu still locked in right on the mb. if the error still happen rma the cpu then the mb if there amd cpu/mb.
try replacing the cmos battery and make sure it in. use the usb flashback port and run the newest bios file from the port twice to rule out a bad cmos. check the power good pin make sure it within spec. check the reset and power on switches on the case. see if there sticking. if they use a small daughter card see if the vender of the case will send you a new card or front panel to rule out a signal loss from the front panel. check that the cpu still locked in right on the mb. if the error still happen rma the cpu then the mb if there amd cpu/mb.

Solution