Please help confused about dx12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahbub1

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2015
i have heard that there are severel feature levels in dx 12.. and higher levels have more rendering facilities.. however i have one question .. dx 12 has a feature that it will use all cores eaually rather than putting pressure on one core and underutilizing others as in dx 11.. so my question is is this feature of using all cores equally present in all feature levels of dx 12??

senseijtitus

Honorable

Yes. I also have an FX 6300 and right now am using it with core parking disabled. But still it would not be as good as windows its self able to utilize all the cores properly. That would be great,.

senseijtitus

Honorable
Windows distributes tasks to the CPU Cores randomly rather than in a sequential manner. For a 6 Core or an 8 Core processor, this means half of its cores or at least 2 of them would be unused and they will be idle through out this period. This mechanism is called Core Parking. There are tools available all around the net for disabling Core parking for specific CPUs. You will get tones of such tweaks on the internet and notes on how to use them.

freeskier93

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
For AMD all GCN cards support the DX12 API. The API is where better multicore performance comes from, GPU pooling, and a bunch of other good features. API support is what's important for now, it will be a couple years before developers start to consider feature level stuff.

senseijtitus

Honorable
But I had heard feature level support for core utilization on some sites I had been going through for finding out more about DX12 features. They did mention about API support from GTX4xx series cards onward. AMD, most of the newer card they said. Not sure about the exact details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS