[SOLVED] (PLEASE HELP) Constant BSOD 3 months of troubleshooting so far

firefarter34

Commendable
Dec 15, 2018
Hello, I am new here, I have been working with computers for a couple years now. Nothing professional or serious. Just my own thing. I am pretty good a diagnosing the problem but I cannot find anything regarding this issue.

My issue is pretty much unique, lately I have been blue screen of death and overall performance loss. I have been constant blue screens of death for several different things and some things I can't see sometimes.

Errors I could catch:

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

When it happens:
When I try to download a game on steam (Not True, disproved this)
Mostly during downloads. (Not True, disproved this)
Run R6 Siege (Not True, disproved this)
Open Firefox (AOL, Netflix and Tom's Hardware) might not be site specific
Randomly but might not be randomly.
**It usually happens when I idle with games in the background
**Happened while doing the latest windows update
**Happened when updating drivers for Nvidia

Anomalies:
-Steam games vanish from my hard drives but when I reinstall them, the files are there. It's like steam cannot see them initially but it detects the files that are already there.
-Firefox logs out completely, similar to when I clear cache and cookies.
-Drivers that were previously installed are not there anymore. Ex. Nvidia drivers
-Items I know for a fact saved are not longer saved.

Processor: AMD - FX-8320E 3.2GHz (OC: 3.8GHZ)
Motherboard: Asus - M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+
RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600hz
Graphics: EVGA - GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0+
Case: Thermaltake - Chaser A31 ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: Corsair - Builder CM500W 80+ Bronze Certified
Storage: Seagate 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM 3x 3TB (AMD 2x2 Mirror/ RAID1 SCSI)

Keyboard: Corsair - K55 Gaming Keyboard RGB
Mouse: Logitech G602 Wireless Mouse
Headset: Logitech G430 Headset
Monitor: Acer KG271 bmiix 27" Full HD (1920 x 1080)

Note:
I cannot wait until I get the rest of the parts to my new computer. I am so done with this BS. New drives, fresh os, new EVERYTHING except for graphics card and peripherals

Event Viewer doesn't give me anything useful. Most I get are:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection
and APPID
Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Updates:

I was uploading two videos to Google drive to report some toxic people in siege. The first upload went fine but when I walked away from my computer and came back, I found i BSOD'd.

SOMETIMES when I reboot. My OC failed so I reboot again and it fixes it. Not sure if applicable or even part of issue.

Solution
From what I can understand, your system is using the on-board RAID controller. You have 4 drives in a RAID 01 array. From the information you posted, 1 drive appears to be missing. I suggest checking the status of the RAID array using the AMD RAID utility. You can launch the utility by pressing CTRL+F during POST. The first option should provide you with the status of the hard drives.

I highly recommend backing up your data before proceeding any further. In the future, I suggest investing in an SSD and abandoning the use of RAID.

firefarter34

Commendable
Dec 15, 2018
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> cd crashdump
cd : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\crashdump' because it does not exist.
At line:1 char:1
+ cd crashdump
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\WINDOWS\system32\crashdump:String) [Set-Location], ItemNotFoundExcep
tion
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetLocationCommand

It's not seing the folder even though I have it created. I'm following the instructions as best to my knowledge. It hasn't crashed.

ALSO:
I was uploading two videos to Google drive to report some toxic people in siege. The first upload went fine but when I walked away from my computer and came back, I found i BSOD'd.

SOMETIMES when I reboot. My OC failed so I reboot again and it fixes it. Not sure if applicable or even part of issue.

If I understand you correctly, the memory dump file is not being written although the option is enabled. If this is the case, then there are a few causes:

> The hard drive is full. Therefore, there is not enough space to write the memory dump.

> The page file has been relocated from the %systemroot% partition or the page file is not large enough. To fix this, let the system manage your page file (virtual memory).

> The SCSI controller is faulty or the system crash (BSOD) is caused by a bad SCSI controller board.

Please describe in greater detail your hard drive setup. You specified that you are using a RAID 1.

firefarter34

Commendable
Dec 15, 2018
This is where my knowledge lacks. I know raid configs and I know what they mean. I don't know how they're setup or anything but I will describe them as best I can.

I have 4 drives. 4 3th sea gate barracuda drives at 7200 rpm.

They are

5587GB AMD 2X2 Mirror/RAID1 SCSI Disk Device (RAID )
2794GB Seagate ST3000DM001-1CH1 SCSI Disk Device (RAID )

I did not build my computer but I do know how to take it aprt and such. I have checked the cables, plugged everything in and made sure nothing was loose. All 4 drives spin, they chrip at me (bad word, they, spin up.) I hear it 4 times. 4 drives.

I have 4.27 TB free on my C drive. My D drive is inaccessible which is my "backup" or redundant drive. I have no other storage besides a flash drive in my drawer.

Also, Tax time comes and I'm building a whole new computer from scratch but I do plan on taking my drives with me. If they're bad, I'd like to know that as well. I haven't ruled that out, it could be a possiblity.

My friend (who built the computer) thinks the OC might need stepped down to 3.6 or something.

From what I can understand, your system is using the on-board RAID controller. You have 4 drives in a RAID 01 array. From the information you posted, 1 drive appears to be missing. I suggest checking the status of the RAID array using the AMD RAID utility. You can launch the utility by pressing CTRL+F during POST. The first option should provide you with the status of the hard drives.

I highly recommend backing up your data before proceeding any further. In the future, I suggest investing in an SSD and abandoning the use of RAID.

Solution
I got that from your motherboard's manual so I don't know if that's 100% correct. Also, you do this during POST or the screen that lists the hard drives. Does the screen provide any options to enter RAID/RAID Setup/RAID Utilities/Drive Configuration?