[SOLVED] please help Constant BSODs, dmp file included

Solution
I am not going to argue with them but motherboards are impossible to test so I don't know how they reached the conclusion.

Normally only way to know is test everything else out and reduce the possible causes to just motherboard...
one way to make sure itts not GPU would be to run off the motherboard output, you just can't play many games like that though.. if you still crash without the GPU, it can'tt be cause.

you already tested the ram

Intel CPU- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

PSU almost as hard to test as Motherboard.. but at least there are ways
the paper clip method - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/what-is-the-paperclip-method-of-testing-a-psu.1336402/

or...

gardenman

Splendid
one of these days I will remember to check
No problem, l can ask for it to be fixed.

sorry about that
No problem.

I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/m2goL158/show This link is for Colif or anyone else wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:081320-6531-01.dmp (Aug 13 2020 - 15:07:30)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: RainbowSix.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 43 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)

Comment: The overclocking driver "XtuAcpiDriver.sys" was found on your system. (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/x99a-tomahawk.html
You are using the latest BETA version of the BIOS.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
@gardenman sysnative includes 5 dumps you haven't seen.

Synapse keeps crashing
several Corrupt list entry stackptr error (otherwise known as Kernel Security check failures)

hard to tell if it started on 4th Aug or if you just hadn't got a Version update of windows recently and that is where your history starts (version updates reset windows error reporting history)

Seems I was wrong with my guess. I thought it might be nvidia drivers but no mention of them in windows error reporting screens.

I assume you know you have a disabled headset.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

I don't think its ram but better to check than to waste time.

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/2Ltpv9m8/show This link is for Colif or anyone else wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:081520-6515-01.dmp (Aug 15 2020 - 00:36:13)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Razer Synapse Service Process.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)

File information:081120-9875-01.dmp (Aug 11 2020 - 19:01:07)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 14 Min(s), and 46 Sec(s)

File information:081120-9796-01.dmp (Aug 11 2020 - 17:35:55)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 28 Sec(s)

File information:081120-9562-01.dmp (Aug 11 2020 - 20:55:00)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 07 Min(s), and 40 Sec(s)

File information:081120-7171-01.dmp (Aug 11 2020 - 21:40:25)
Bugcheck:RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED (E3)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for WdFilter.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: steamwebhelper.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

File information:081120-6078-01.dmp (Aug 11 2020 - 23:08:06)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 07 Min(s), and 59 Sec(s)
This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Aug 13, 2020
@gardenman sysnative includes 5 dumps you haven't seen.

Synapse keeps crashing
several Corrupt list entry stackptr error (otherwise known as Kernel Security check failures)

hard to tell if it started on 4th Aug or if you just hadn't got a Version update of windows recently and that is where your history starts (version updates reset windows error reporting history)

Seems I was wrong with my guess. I thought it might be nvidia drivers but no mention of them in windows error reporting screens.

I assume you know you have a disabled headset.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

I don't think its ram but better to check than to waste time.

I ran memtest86 with one stick of ram at a time, none had any errors

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sorry I been slack, GPU dying on Monday sort of stopped me in tracks. I am mostly back now.

Resource not owned? Can't say I seen that BSOD before...

first reaction to unknown errors - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

tbh until we know ram is okay, all dump file results are suspect as bad ram can cause all sorts of good files to look bad. Especially since the thing it blames is part of the windows registry

Aug 13, 2020
Sorry I been slack, GPU dying on Monday sort of stopped me in tracks. I am mostly back now.

Resource not owned? Can't say I seen that BSOD before...

first reaction to unknown errors - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

tbh until we know ram is okay, all dump file results are suspect as bad ram can cause all sorts of good files to look bad. Especially since the thing it blames is part of the windows registry

I ran memtest 1 stick of ram at a time, 0 errors on each
Customer support from where I bought my pc said it could be my motherboard

Colif

Win 11 Master
I am not going to argue with them but motherboards are impossible to test so I don't know how they reached the conclusion.

Normally only way to know is test everything else out and reduce the possible causes to just motherboard...
one way to make sure itts not GPU would be to run off the motherboard output, you just can't play many games like that though.. if you still crash without the GPU, it can'tt be cause.

you already tested the ram

Intel CPU- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

PSU almost as hard to test as Motherboard.. but at least there are ways
the paper clip method - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/what-is-the-paperclip-method-of-testing-a-psu.1336402/

or multimeter,

or in the BIOS to check the +3.3V, +5V, and +12V. - https://www.lifewire.com/power-supply-voltage-tolerances-2624583

what storage have you got? what make drives? many manufacturers have their own tools you can run on drives.

Solution