Please help - Copy and paste is inserting a strange text string instead of what I copied

ranger133x

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
As far as I know, this issue just started. When I press Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+V the following text appears instead of the text I was trying to copy and paste.

C:\Users\dange\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-16--13-04-17_.dmp

Do you know what might be causing this and how I could fix it?

rgd1101

Don't
is a driver issue. there a tutorial on it but currently there is a issue with the forum
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3821320/copy-paste-dump-file-error-win.html
"If you hit paste, do you get something like

Quote:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-12--22-53-45_.dmp

And is your temp file getting filled with dump files every few seconds?

Then you have a soundcard on your motherboard that uses Nahimic drivers to run Headsets. Both Asus & MSI use these drivers in their utilities for sound on their motherboards.

The problem is the drivers aren't written for Win 10's new power modes and bug out if you have Fast Startup turned on. Until the drivers are updated, the best answer is to turn off Fast startup and wait for an updated driver. Bugging MSI/Asus might work too. "

ranger133x

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
I do have an Asus motherboard. But the temp file seems fien. However, I have been doing virus scans and other things all day so I may have cleared it up. The problem is not here ATM.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Seems to effect Z370 & Z390 motherboards mostly. Could be realtek, Sonic Studio or none of those as the people trying to fix it have tried most of the obvious fixes like uninstalling the software or disabling the service.

I wrote that and its not an adequate solution. Its slightly more complicated than that, lots of companies blaming each other. Its tied into nahimic 3 drivers though why they are creating crash dump is not clear.

Nahimic wrote the drivers that Asus & MSI both use for headets. Realtek is also mentioned. Microsoft is only in the mix as Nahimic 3 written in conjunction with them in UWP format. who needs to fix this is???? I have't seen anything about who is going to fix it either.

The turning fast startup off may work for you or it might start happening again in a few days. I am following developments and hope to find a solution...

spreading to other Asus computers - Asus link