Question Please help!!! CPU not being recognized by 2nd motherboard

osubuckeyes76

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2014
Just upgraded my first pc and I'm frustrated and lost.... please help!!!!

Specs
Aorus 390z master motherboard
I9 9900k CPU
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ Ram
Corsair H115i AIO Cooler

Story.... Bought the CPU which was delidded and binned and motherboard from a friend that had a high end system and wanted to upgrade even more. He does 3d animation and video work. Installed the board with the cooler and it wasnt making good contact to the chip once we figured out that issue we were able to get into the bios where we enabled XMP. Once we saved that config the pc shut down - Did not restart. Powered it off and then back on and now no CPU detected and debug LED does not even come on.. just keeps shutting on and off. Went through everything again reset CMOS and checked all connections. I ended up giving back to friend to check the chip??? He did check it and said the chip booted in another board... so we figured it was the board. So I ordered a new board ( exact same ) installed everything and the exact same thing happened...

Will power on and light all rgb and fans will run.. Then it will shut off and turn back on again... LED Debug lights do not come on and the red cpu light is on. Have tried to reseat the cpu multiple times. I'm so frustrated as I believe the CPU is bad and my friend is giving me the run around?????? Can someone please help shed some light on this.. I have seen a few posts with the exact same issues but none that were solved 100%. Im very new to this and I am out of options at this point... I don't have the equipment to test anything at this point other than me replacing the motherboard with the exact same one.

TRENDING THREADS