Question Please help CPU won't switch on

srijita235

Reputable
Jul 4, 2018
Windows 10 pro was re installed and the sata cable was changed in my PC a few months back. Ever since I sometimes heard the hard disk spins up while browsing net,no other problems. 4 months back I heard a faint crackling noise first time while browsing net from cpu. This usually happened while loading reddit threads with gifs, videos & large no of comments, long YouTube videos and the hdd also spins more. The noise stops & hdd spins down when I close browser altogether. No problem when modem is off ,watching movies.

Also in the past 3 months windows 10 go black screen for 1-2 sec then comes back when browsing net. This happened 4 times. Display adapter was updated and event viewer didn't show any problem.

A month ago after immediately after i switched on cpu power switch the noise starts. This time like fans with loose screw starts to spin almost like rattling which lasts 2-3 minutes then stops & then complete silent. No noise even while browsing net.

However during the same time,whenever I switch on the cpu crackling noise was heard for 1-2 sec. After that it was silent,browning net or doing other work. Only the hard disk spins up thing remains while browsing net.
The windows defender also stops auto update & I have been manually updating it past one month.

During this whole time I have run chkdsk , scannow from cmd multiple time & no problem was found.

Yesterday could was on for half an hour & I was browsing net & it randomly shutdown. No noise nothing beforehand. Ever since it switch on .t
The hard disk light &could power light both are off.
The specs are intel core i3,asus h110m-d ,Wd 1tb had. No ssd or graphics card.

Any ideas what might have happened. Please help.

Lutfij

Titan
The specs are intel core i3,asus h110m-d ,Wd 1tb had. No ssd or graphics card.
You should list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. As for your HDD, might be a good idea to parse the age of the drive as well and how many partitions you've got on that one drive. Where did you source the installer for your OS?

srijita235

Reputable
Jul 4, 2018
OK so,
Motherboard Asus h110m-d
Ram: corsair ddr4
Ssd: no sad
Hdd: WD 1tb black caviar
PSU: corsair cx450 ,4 years 6 months
Chassis: Antec
Monitor: BenQ
Graphics card none
Hard disk was also 4 years 6months ,had 3 portions, windows 10 was installed in c drive.