Event ID: 10010
Date: 4/18/2004
Time: 1:48:35 PM

The server {520CCA63-51A5-11D3-9144-00104BA11C5E} did not register
with DCOM within the required timeout.

Regards,

-Art

Does it actually cause a problem? If not, why not ignore it?

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:55:43 -0400, "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net>
wrote:

>Does it actually cause a problem? If not, why not ignore it?

I can only say that on the surface, it does not appear to create
a "problem" in that most CD-R burns complete successfully.
However, there are always the possibility of other negative effects
not yet identified. The error is being reported for a reason which
should be definable.

I would like to improve my knowledge and understanding of the
workings of Windows XP Professional "under the hood" and at the
same time eliminate a red error flag which really should not be there.

"The_AntiArt" <The_AntiArt@Hoaxland.net> wrote in message
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: DCOM
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 10010
> Date: 4/18/2004
> Time: 1:48:35 PM

> The server {520CCA63-51A5-11D3-9144-00104BA11C5E} did not register
> with DCOM within the required timeout.
>

> Regards,
>
> -Art

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=10010&source=DCOM

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

keith

Bang 'em in the azz

"The_AntiArt" <The_AntiArt@Hoaxland.net> wrote in message
> I see the following error reported in - Control Panel > Administrative
> Tools > Component Services > Event Viewer (local) > System -
> each time I burn a CD-R with Roxio EZ-CD Creator software on
> my Dell Latitude C840 Laptop. The CD burn completes okay.
> (I also use Nero burning software which gives no errors.)
>
> Would someone please tell me what this is and how to nix it.
> I Have tried turning DCOM off, and gone through the local registry,
> but the exact source of the error is difficult to find:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: DCOM
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 10010
> Date: 4/18/2004
> Time: 1:48:35 PM

> The server {520CCA63-51A5-11D3-9144-00104BA11C5E} did not register
> with DCOM within the required timeout.
>

> Regards,
>
> -Art

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 19:25:57 -0400, "HillBillyBuddhist"
<hillbillybuddhistshoes@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

Thanks!

-Art