Question Please help: Display, mouse & keyboard not activating/connecting

Feb 14, 2019
Greetings all. I have encountered a problem with my new PC build and would love for any assistance that can be provided, I have a dissertation to write and this couldn't have come at a worse time.

My PC will not connect to a display (HDMI or PC imput), as well as the Keyboard & Mouse not receiving power. I recently changed every component to narrow down this problem, including the Motherboard, Power Supply, CPU and Graphics card (general upgrades) but to no luck.

SPECS:
GTX 1060
AMD Corsair 2
Arctic Blue 750Watt PSU
Two 8GB ram sticks

I am by far technical, but all safety measures and wire checks have been made, i'm completely stuck!

Feb 14, 2019
I would recheck all power connections, pull and reseat and give them a good wiggle as you reseat them. And do you get any trouble lights?
I have given all the power connections a proper check, they are all from a single point in my PSU, just bought it today so couldn't be that. I had this problem with my last PSU as well so it much be something else? :/

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
a check in what way? I guarantee at least 75% of new build problems are power cables not seated properly. If you haven't pulled them and reseated them then you have not trouble shot them. And do you get any trouble lights/codes when you try to start it up?

Feb 14, 2019
a check in what way? I guarantee at least 75% of new build problems are power cables not seated properly. If you haven't pulled them and reseated them then you have not trouble shot them. And do you get any trouble lights/codes when you try to start it up?
I unplugged & plugged everything connected to the power supply, checking they are seated properly. I also checked for lights and there are none on the motherboard sadly.

The issue is that there is power. Fans are going, lights showing etc. However if I plug in the Keyboard or mouse 1/3rd the way in? Consistant power. If I go all the way? Nothing.

The display is worse as it picks up that a signal was there. When i first plug my HDMI into the GTX, the screen flashes black for a split second, then shows the "No Cable Connected" screen after around 5 seconds.

Apologies, I am trying everything I can think of at this moment to no avail

Feb 14, 2019
Have you tried reseating your cpu? Also have you tried starting up with only one stick of ram in any and all slots?
I have not tried the RAM stick method yet, I shall do that right now and update if it worked or not. I tried the CPU and the small lithium battery on the Motherboard, no luck there either