[SOLVED] Please HELP, Displays aren’t showing despite PC working

olly.pennels

Reputable
Aug 25, 2018
Please HELP, displays aren’t showing despite PC working

I built a new PC yesterday, and it’s not working properly. I changed CPU (i7-6700K -> AMD Ryzen 7 5800X) , Motherboard (ASUS Maximus Hero VIII -> ASUS ROG Strix B550-F (WiFi) ) and Cooler (Hyper 212 Evo -> NZXT Kraken X63).

When i turn the PC on, all component LED’s light up like normal, all fans start spinning like normal. The NZXT Led Display does not show anything. My monitors, which are both plugged in via Display Port cables (one brand new), are connected to my Graphics card (ASUS Strix GTX 1080), and neither turn on. I get the message “DP No signal” on both of them.

I have tried:

Clearing the CMOS by jumping the header and removing and reseating the motherboard battery
Reseating my two sticks of Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM
Reseating the CPU
Reseating the Graphics card
Ensuring all Motherboard headers and connectors are properly pushed in
Updating the BIOS, unfortunately because i receive no display, i cannot access the BIOS on screen, and so the only way to do this is via “Bios Flashback” which doesn’t seem to work.
Checking display port cables and monitors
Testing a HDMI cable

None of this has worked, i have been trying to get this working for 2 days now, aa new i really am running out of energy trying to fix it, please someone help, i have no idea what to do.

Any help at all is appreciated.

Solution
My RAM is Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB, and says is compatible with both on the website. I have checked both connectors coming from the X63, it’s radiator fans are in CPU_FAN1 and CPU_OPT, and the AIO connector is on the AIO Header, and the Micro usb is plugged in too.

The power cables are connected properly to the GPU, what do you mean by display cable?

I have tried to get into the BIOS, but has not succeeded.

Why would I have to do that? Windows is on my M.2 that has been transferred from my old pc, i would set that as my Boot drive, if i could access the BIOS.
The display cable is either the display port cable or the hdmi cable, which ever one you are connecting to your monitor/display.

Because the windows version installed on...

SparkyTech934

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
Hello, hopefully I can help you out a bit here! I see that no other suggestions have been posted, but let's explore a few options..
  1. Try once more to do the BIOS flashback option. This should be done with a flash drive in the port specified by the user's manual. Some boards it doesn't matter, others it does, so just make sure to verify. Also make sure to do a clean format of the flash drive in the FAT filesystem, as well as placing the single BIOS file (more than likely a .cap file) by itself in the root directory. During the BIOS flashback, the PC will reboot multiple times more than likely. I'd walk away and come back a bit later to verify it's finished.
  2. Take the 1080 graphics card and put it in another computer to make sure that the GPU itself was not damaged somehow.
  3. (You seem like a fairly experienced guy, so I assume you've done this, but) Make sure that you've tried to put the GPU in other PCIe slots as well, in case the first slot was bad somehow.
Other than that, perhaps try using the old parts and see if the PC boots like it was before. Please let me know how this goes, as I'd love to help in any way I can! Good luck!

Is your RAM compatible with your new CPU and motherboard? Are you sure you connected your Kraken X633 up correctly, including the cables to the motherboard?

Are you sure you reconnected the power cable(s) to your GPU? Are you sure you reconnected your display cable to your GPU and not to your motherboard?

Have you tried to get into the BIOS? Typically, you have to hit the "delete" key on your keyboard repeatedly after you turn your PC on.

You know you'll have to reinstall Windows on your boot drive, correct?

Windows 10 clean install tutorial

Last edited:

olly.pennels

Reputable
Aug 25, 2018
Is your RAM compatible with your new CPU and motherboard? Are you sure you connected your Kraken X633 up correctly, including the cables to the motherboard?

Are you sure you reconnected the power cable(s) to your GPU? Are you sure you reconnected your display cable to your GPU and not to your motherboard?

Have you tried to get into the BIOS? Typically, you have to hit the "delete" key on your keyboard repeatedly after you turn your PC on.

You know you'll have to reinstall Windows on your boot drive, correct?

Windows 10 clean install tutorial
My RAM is Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB, and says is compatible with both on the website. I have checked both connectors coming from the X63, it’s radiator fans are in CPU_FAN1 and CPU_OPT, and the AIO connector is on the AIO Header, and the Micro usb is plugged in too.

The power cables are connected properly to the GPU, what do you mean by display cable?

Why would I have to do that? Windows is on my M.2 that has been transferred from my old pc, i would set that as my Boot drive, if i could access the BIOS.

The display cable is either the display port cable or the hdmi cable, which ever one you are connecting to your monitor/display.

Because the windows version installed on your M.2 drive has drivers, etc... for your old motherboard, not your new one.
By the way, I don't think your motherboard supports BIOS flashback. Also, I believe you need at least BIOS version 1004 for the 5800X, which means you either need to borrow a CPU that is supported on the BIOS version you currently have installed and update it yourself, or maybe have a brick and mortar store update the BIOS for you.

Last edited:
Solution