please help experts!

Jun 7, 2018
PC:
i5 4460
GTX 1060
1X8GB HyperX fury 1866mhz downclocked at 1600mhz
Motherboard - Asus h81m-k

Issue:

So I have had the Configuration for a while now and didn't face any difficulties until,
Well i decided to upgrade my ram for a config of 2x8gb (Exactly same ram)
So i tried installing both ram on first go with Cmos reset and proper instructions were followed.

It didn't work, my monitor wouldn't detect the PC even though everything seemed to be running fine.Then i took out the new ram and used the old ram on both of the two DIMM SLOTS available
and it worked.

Then I tried with only the new ram on both DIMM SLOTS. Again monitor wont detect the PC.

So its working fine with one ram stick and as soon as the new ram stick enters the picture it just won't detect PC.
Im stuck with this, help me TECH EXPERTS!
Also i have tried every single method on internet, so please!
I had ordered it on Amazon today!

Also, can i run 2x8gb on this Mother board ? ASUS H81M-K

Solution

The OP stated he tried both sticks separately and the new stick didn't work. I think it's safe to say your new stick is dead.

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

The OP tried that, and it didn't detect the monitor, the OP stated that already. (for the OP) the new stick is probably dead, try and return it.

Jun 7, 2018

Yea i think it might be a dead stick! BTW thank you for your response as i am getting the same ram replacement by
amazon today! So ill update you guys !
It is possible what DRagor said about the rams not working if not bought in a kit even though they are the same (mind it Exactly identical)
BTW my MOBO can support 2x8gb ram 1600mhz right?

Jun 7, 2018

I cant get into the bios as the monitor wont detect the PC.
And for the record, The PC seems to be tuning on Fine even with both sticks.
All the fans are functional,LED working , No bleeping noise, Just nothing seems to appear on the Monitor!
(I have tested with different cables and monitors too)

Jun 7, 2018

Thats depressing! Thanks for your help! Appreciate it a lot!
I went on another forum and all they did was make fun of me and ban me!
You guys are really helpful!

It does not happen always - usually if you get two sticks of same model, they will run just fine together. But nonetheless it does happen sometimes. You can find a lot of such threads on Tom's forum.
And yes, your motherboard supports 2x8 GB configuration.

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

The OP stated he tried both sticks separately and the new stick didn't work. I think it's safe to say your new stick is dead.

Solution

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

I would RMA it if you still can, if not just toss it and buy a new one :( Good luck my dude.

Jun 7, 2018

Hmm I am actually gonna get my money refunded from amazon and buy the ram stick from another seller!
Thanks for all of the replies guys!