Question Please help fix cables to fit in panel

Jan 28, 2021
Hi I’m building a PC and I’ve run into so many problems with this case and cables management.
I cannot fit all these cables into my case and close the metal shield and glass panel, please help. I have a bunch of extra stuff too that is just taking space. I also don’t have any space between hard drive bay and PSU. I need to use the HD bay. Please give me some tips or advice, I’ve been spending a week on this.

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox MB530P
(has a cable shield on the left side and glass panel back.)
Motherboard: Maximus XII Hero
AIO: NXZT Kraken Z63 (front mounted)
Fans: 6 Aer RGB 2 (3 front, 2 top, 1 rear)
2 140mm fans that comes Radiator
NZXT: RGB & Fan controller
NZXT: Internal USB 2.0 hub (under controller)
PSU: Corsair HX850i slot used (2 PCIe, 2 Sata, Corsair Link mini USB, 24 pin, 8 pin EPS and 4 pin EPS)
CableMod: Replacement Power Cables (help a bit)
Asiahorse: Extension cable (tried it first but switch to CableMod for shorter length!

vs4I6oT.jpg

Update: I managed to get it done today. My first method is to move the Fans & RGN controller to the front and the USB hub toward the back next to PSU. I used the Cablemod power cables to get rid of the extensions. I sent all the cables toward the deeper back of the case where the two hubs previous sat! Managed to screw down the metal panel with maybe a 5-10 mm bulge. I’m able to put the glass back on but I didn’t tighten the screws all the way just so not to put pressure on the glass!

View: https://imgur.com/a/RZYQT8T

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2020
My advice is to redo it install motherboard power cables first and sata power cables and then zip tie them together in a nice neat line make sure you put them in the hole closest to the connector and then with this data data cables just run them after it just try to run them as close together and in the back of the case when there are plugged in try to spread them out if they still do not fit

Nov 3, 2020
My advice is to redo it install motherboard power cables first and sata power cables and then zip tie them together in a nice neat line make sure you put them in the hole closest to the connector and then with this data data cables just run them after it just try to run them as close together and in the back of the case when there are plugged in try to spread them out if they still do not fit
If they still don’t fit try to get a power supply with shorter cables or a modular power supply

Jan 28, 2021
I actually took everything out and did it over, my first thing was to move the RGB controller and USB hub away from the back. After that I used the Cablemod PSU cables instead of the extension. My RGB controller now sits in the front and the USB hub is next to PSU. The plate fits with maybe a tiny bulge but I can screw the glass panel on. I left it loose a bit because I’m afraid it might break from the pressure! Thanks!
It looks like you have gone a bit crazy with cables over there.
HX850i is fully modular PSU. Use only minimum necessary amount of cables. Remove unneeded ones (just don't throw them away).

I just used 2x PCIe 8 pins for GPU, 2x EPS 8+4, 2x Sata and a 24 pin. Nothing else!

Jan 28, 2021

Did it

View: https://imgur.com/a/RZYQT8T