[SOLVED] Please help genuine computer mystery

Griimlaw

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Please help stumped, custom build i7 6700k skylake, cryorig h7 duel fan cooler , ddr4 2133 ram evega supernova 80 gold 850w psu , msi z170a sli plus mb, sapphire nitro r9 fury , Stumped ,custom built computer, first off the motherboard doesn’t have a speaker so I can’t hear beeps. When I press the power on switch the power supply fan and cpu cooler fan will give one slow oscillating turn and that’s it , as if power isn’t being distributed right, I need a diagnostic machine

Solution
1. You could try reseating the motherboard 24 pin plug (mid right of motherboard) and the cpu 8 pin (top left near cpu), it's possible that overtime they came a little loose or lousy connection.

2. Reseat your Ram sticks or, try to boot with one stick at a time to see if you have faulty memory module.

3. Paperclip test your PSU, Google it for guide, a volt test would be better but I'm not sure of your capabilities in that field.

4. Inspect your motherboard to see that all of your standoffs have been installed (these are the things that hold your motherboard away from case skeleton, look for screw holes with a light and make sure that there are sufficient amount of standoffs/screws installed), this is something that's a little less...
1. You could try reseating the motherboard 24 pin plug (mid right of motherboard) and the cpu 8 pin (top left near cpu), it's possible that overtime they came a little loose or lousy connection.

2. Reseat your Ram sticks or, try to boot with one stick at a time to see if you have faulty memory module.

3. Paperclip test your PSU, Google it for guide, a volt test would be better but I'm not sure of your capabilities in that field.

4. Inspect your motherboard to see that all of your standoffs have been installed (these are the things that hold your motherboard away from case skeleton, look for screw holes with a light and make sure that there are sufficient amount of standoffs/screws installed), this is something that's a little less likely

Try these in order, see what comes of it. Anything weird happen before this problem? Power outage? Lightning storm? Hard reset system crash?

Just sounds like a power supply really....

Solution
I personally think it's your power supply. But without a speaker or breadboxing your system, it's difficult to conclude 100%. (I had an exact thing happen to me, with power coming on for a second and then just shutting down)

If you have another PSU available or a willing friend to lend you a PSU to check that would be ideal